Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 31 Jul 2024, 08:32

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: 14 Jan 2010, 17:37 
Editors
Editors

STALKER: Call of Pripyat (due to staggered release dates between Russia and the rest of the world)

"B" game imho, too unpolished for a 2010 PC game :evil:

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2010, 22:55 
Editors
Editors

I'll pick Stalker 3 up once it's had about a dozen patches.

Finally picked up Clear Sky, and it's awesome. Enjoying what I've played of it a lot more than the original. I suspect that the devs are getting better and better as they gain experience. :)

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2010, 23:42 
Editors
Editors

I suspect that the devs are getting better and better as they gain experience. :)

No, unfortunately they arent hehe, CoP has bad GFX, the same annoying bugs and clearly a "deja-vu" story line. Only 3 maps and a dull landscape.

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2010, 05:58 

People that can't handle the STALKER series should stop calling themselves a gamer and start calling themselves a "Where's my quest arrow, where's my level scaled enemies! Where's my auto-health regen while i hide in between these two trees. BAM! WTF??? An anomaly right between those two trees! Oooooo noooooo!!!! Mummy the game hates me!"ers.

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2010, 08:01 

Yes, because the definition of "gamer" is entirely dependent on only your taste in games. :roll:

If they play a video game, they're a gamer. This "if you don't play games x, y and z, then you're not a real gamer, you're just a casual peon" bullshit is just elitist wankery.

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2010, 09:10 

Please let Dues Ex 3 be so much better than Dues Ex 2.

Dues Ex by far my most memorable game experience.

EDIT: Arrrr well. I guess this will suck after all, it is a cross platform game. Xbox & PC. There goes the neighbourhood. For starters the mouse lag in DuesEx2 was terrible & couldn't be fixed.

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2010, 13:32 
Editors
Editors

I'm still a little hopeful that DE3 won't suck. Although I'm not sure why I should be...

As for the label 'gamer'... why so obsessed with it, folks? Does it really matter? ;)

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2010, 13:41 

EDIT: Arrrr well. I guess this will suck after all, it is a cross platform game. Xbox & PC. There goes the neighbourhood. For starters the mouse lag in DuesEx2 was terrible & couldn't be fixed.

I don't see how an Xbox version instantly means a crappy port... Dragon Age has an Xbox version for instance. The game originally was announced for PC only and still, to my knowledge, has no confirmed platforms other than that (though it surely will by release).

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2010, 15:17 

Yes, because the definition of "gamer" is entirely dependent on only your taste in games. :roll:

If they play a video game, they're a gamer. This "if you don't play games x, y and z, then you're not a real gamer, you're just a casual peon" bullshit is just elitist wankery.

I didn't say if they didn't play it, I said if they bitch and moan and say it's a crappy game and they played it for 2 hrs and thought it was utter rubbish. (Or they've never played it and still bitch and moan about it).

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2010, 21:34 

[quote]EDIT: Arrrr well. I guess this will suck after all, it is a cross platform game. Xbox & PC. There goes the neighbourhood. For starters the mouse lag in DuesEx2 was terrible & couldn't be fixed.

I don't see how an Xbox version instantly means a crappy port... Dragon Age has an Xbox version for instance. The game originally was announced for PC only and still, to my knowledge, has no confirmed platforms other than that (though it surely will by release).

No, your right, not 100% of cross platformers are crappy. I draw a comparison of Cross Platform games, to the EuroVision Contestants. They might be dressed up, they might be on big stages, they might have out of time backup dancers, they might have a SHITE LOAD of coverage and hype, they might be strangely entertaining and some of they might even win the bizarre contest...but at the end of the day most of the bands are just crappy.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next