Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 06 Jul 2024, 12:23

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 06 Oct 2010, 13:54 

Despite how perverted this might seem, i actually think playing a game AS the opposing side to the americans could be interesting/fun... err... well like it could be done very well from a story/historical perspective. Especially the Iraq conflict. Because from at least some people's perspectives it's a pretty dumb war asides from proving yet again that America will use its ridiculous military power (compared to everyone else in the world) to gain strategic advantages over resources/etc. when they feel it is necessary/possible to do so. Having said that, the Afghanistan war was completely justified. I just don't think Iraq was, or is, and if anything has done a lot more to help "terrorists" in fighting their cause/gaining support depending on your definition of terrorists. Though now that it's F'd up it's not like i want every country to leave Iraq in complete tatters so now i have to change my opinion on the matter and say "stay until you fix it back up you retards" (not that they will be able to ever impose a stable government).

^^ Sorry to get political or whatever. Not an american. (Not sure that was obvious).

The next political war will be fought over Iran and i'm not looking forward to that because that country is even more of a perfectly normal country asides from not fitting into the deep-south religious American republican version of "society" that everyone needs to supposably conform to. Iran isn't going to give up their nukes unless somehow India, Israel and Pakistan do too. I highly doubt that will ever happen... so going to be a HUGE stand off. Risky business indeed mr. foreign policy dude.

That's it... we need a game where you play as a spy/foreign embassy dude and go around trying to convince governments to give up their nukes (and unknowningly start the dominoes falling towards world war 3) then you have to stop it happening by going around and sabotaging stuff. Taking photos of nuclear facilities proving they're just for power. Going into military bases that house chemical weapons and finding a hospital or something full of medicine supplies. Then have the choice of pulling out your laser guidance system for the drone missle, or taking some photos to abort the mission and get booted out of the force....