Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 08 Jul 2024, 00:02

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 237 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
PostPosted: 03 Mar 2010, 08:46 
Insiders
Insiders

I set mine to 74; feels perfect.

Widescreen Fixer Twitter - https://twitter.com/widescreenfixer
Personal Twitter - https://twitter.com/davidrudie

PostPosted: 03 Mar 2010, 13:34 

Maybe someone can post some screen shot's of different FOV's??

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2010, 10:06 

I can't really complain about the FOV. I modestly bumped mine from 55 to 60. Looked okay from what I have played. Anyway, I had a couple of quirks at first... which seems to have gone away when I updated my video drivers along with some stuff from Windows Update. I'll have to play around with it some more when I get the chance.

Single Player: a couple of times, I'd have a couple of weird flash of full-screen grey or black during the cinematic scenes. And a separate issue is the audio going bonkers. It'd pop and go all buzz on me. The menu audio seem to be fine. But doing that or switching audio setting (from Hi-Fi to Headphones to War Tapes etc) wouldn't solve nor work around the issue. After updating the video drivers, everything seem to work just fine.

Multi-Player: Server browser seems to work okay-ish. Usable, searchable, and filterable. Friends list has a overlapping issue if you have more than 12 friends in your list. Also seems to have an oddball issue when trying to join off of friends when your friend is below the listed threshold and have to scroll down to it. The Friends list seem to do a bit of frequent auto-update and when it does that, it screws with the list.

First impression thus far is not too bad thus far. But I am kinda miffed at DICE's idea of starting out. Like 2142, you're thrown into the battlefield with nothing but your spoon. And you have to chip and kill what you can until you get even the absolute and most basic essentials to your class. Meaning...

Assault: Just your gun, grenade launcher, and your pistol
Medic: Just your gun and pistol
Engineer: Just your gun, RPG, and pistol
Recon: Just your sniper rifle, C4, and pistol

The Assault class has no Ammo box, unlike the beta which gave you the ammo box by default. It has to be unlocked first. The medic class has no defib/shock-paddles nor the medic box. Both need to be unlocked before you can use it. Engineer has no repair tool, which has to be unlocked first. And lastly, the recon has no motion-sensor balls, which has to be unlocked first.

Now, I know there's a limit as to how basic each class or soldier can be. But this is ridiculous. I always find it horrible that for the absolute most basic essentials for BF players you have to unlock them first. A medic can't even provide medical assistance w/o having to unlock it first. And that annoys me. And an engineer can't even repair or fix vehicles isn't much of an engineer. Can't even apply duct tape to that fallen-off piece of armor plating that the tank was using.

This is how it felt at first. The maps seems to be nice and okay thus far. Rush mode still feels a tad old having played it for a while. And Conquest still feels right at home. But even Conquest mode has some weird things going on with it. For starters, BF2 and 2142 both had no indication of a flag being contested. This is something that I have accepted for ages. After all, part of the gameplay of Conquest is to have someone sneak around and take a flag without anyone noticing. Not any more. It felt like DICE took a page out of CoD's Domination mode and made it that you'd notice if a flag was being taken over. That doesn't really sit well with me, since I have done my fair share of capturing points without raising any suspicion.

Overall, seems pretty good thus far. Happy with the purchase and enjoying what little fun I can find. The game has quite a lot of room for improvements, which I hope DICE will be able to implement to make the game last for a very long time.

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2010, 18:02 

Do I gain any items in MP by completing the SP?

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2010, 18:04 

Do I gain any items in MP by completing the SP?

Not to my knowledge, and singleplayer is pretty meh. Modern Warfare 2's story was insanely stupid but the gameplay was well done, this game has a flat story and iffy gameplay, though the larger areas are nice for a console shooter port.

The multiplayer is amazing though, and that comes from someone who never plays it.

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2010, 20:09 

the larger areas are nice for a console shooter port.

Supposedly its not a port, they had a separate development team working on the PC version.

At least thats what they said.

http://notjustagame.blogspot.com/2010/01/dice-loves-pc-gamersand-theyre-not.html

PostPosted: 06 Mar 2010, 06:24 

http://kotaku.com/5487038/battlefield-bad-company-2-players-prefer-pc-to-console

Good on ya guys!

I wish that I could join you just to give a big FU to Activision for MW2. Sadly its not in my budget :(

PostPosted: 06 Mar 2010, 07:09 

Yep, so far, so good. I just got done on a 3-hour long session and unlocked the M60 LMG on the medic class. Oh my God that gun is craaaaaaaazy. Powerful, potent, and accurate. My previous LMG of choice is the T88, which carries the same accuracy and rate of fire as the PKM, but with more power per bullet. Once I started using the M60, it just felt at home. Enemies were easily hurt and killed. And all I did was run around, taking cover, flanking enemies, healing teammates, and reviving the fallen ones.

So far, I haven't seen anything that would make the weapons lopsided. But having little to no experience in the Recon class, it's doubtful I'll be picking up a sniper rifle any time soon. Multiplayer is so much more entertaining when you got a bunch of buddies on with you on TeamSpeak or Ventrilo. Just wish the auto-balance was fully working.

PostPosted: 06 Mar 2010, 07:26 

also posted this on the [H] but I consider everyone here very knowledgeable. more than I . problem is as folllows

Back during the BFBC2 Beta I was experiencing a strange behavior every time I would play the game and then Esc out of it I would get where my mouse courser on the screen would be cut in half vertically with a thin line through it. sometimes it would be cut in thirds. This would only happen after leaving the game. I thought it was just an Issue with the Beta and didn't think much of it really. But now I have the full game. and am having the same type of issue but worse. I am including some screen shots and a video of what I see hoping someone can give some Ideas of what is going on.

My system is stable. with good temps. both GPU & CPU
10.2 drivers for GPU

Here is the video

Here are some Screen shots

PostPosted: 06 Mar 2010, 17:48 

1. Connection to Servers and Connection to EA was big problem for me.
2. Game Crashes & freezing. Game Has crashed on multiple occasions. and game has froze several times requiring me to do a hard shutdown to get out.
3. Display problems in windows environment after playing game. Requiring me to restart computer . once restarted problem goes away.
4. Single player is unplayable with settings on high (average FPS 13.322) Can play multiplayer on high settings but as expected, frames drop during high detail action. but for the most part I don't have frames drop as much when in multiplayer. Weird?
-----------------------------------------------
Preset High settings

Frames, Time (ms), Min, Max, Avg
2172, 163044, 3, 125, 13.322.
Preset Default Medium

12513, 184789, 12, 152, 67.715

20575, 297584, 39, 151, 69.140
Preset Default Medium (then set textures to high leaving the rest on medium) Game crashed to desktop!!

9082, 156295, 31, 83, 58.108

Noob to playing Multi player. MW2 was the first game into playing MP. I don't play that anymore . to many cheaters in there for it to be fun. It's bad enough I get Killed by my own mistakes .
I'm not having a very good experience with MP in general so far. Hopefully this game is like a fine wine and gets better with age. because when I do get to play. It is a blast!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 237 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next