Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 05 Jul 2024, 01:37

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: 01 Oct 2009, 04:18 
Insiders
Insiders

A gem? You sure you're not talking about the a blue B.S.A.A. emblem under that walkway to exit the area? Just gotta shoot it. Thsoe damned things can be tough to find.

And there are 720p cutscenes for download for RE4. Not 720p source of course (,of course) , but they look pretty nice.

PostPosted: 01 Oct 2009, 04:41 
Insiders
Insiders

Not 720p source of course

Then what is the source? Recordings of the Gamecube cut-scenes?

PostPosted: 01 Oct 2009, 04:51 
Insiders
Insiders

Well where would anyone get true 720p from? Surely the gamecube won;t spit that out. Probably jsut the GC versions tossed through another encode process.

In any casem they do look pretty nice and are certainly worth it the first play through. The download is about 1.5gb

PostPosted: 01 Oct 2009, 09:37 

Got a link to those cutscenes Abram? Last I checked the only thing available in a cutscene mod for RE 4 was some that a guy took from the PC version and revamped a bit, but they weren't worth the trouble. In all fairness he did remove the lines the stock ones had and added some needed AA, but they're still very blurry.

I'm nearly done playing RE 5 now, and I'm liking the game even less now. Some of my pet peeves are they expect you to get much of your scavenging done while IN boss fights, then close the doors after level ends, Sheva insists on giving you things without asking for them filling up your inventory just when you need to pick something up, and give me a break with close up boss fights, the game already has awkward aim and movement and low FOV for Christ sake.

Some good mods for RE 5 would be, an inventory box that grows in size slightly with each weapon case you encounter, an FOV hack, and limiting Sheva to manual inventory transfers only. Of course it'd be nice if she could take simple stay put commands like Ashley, but that's probably asking too much.

The inventory system has to be one of the most annoying things about the game. I spend a lot of my time just puzzling pieces back and forth because it won't even do simple exchanges with some items. This combined with Sheva giving unsolicited support tossing you things makes for many a Three Stooges moments. Even Chris and Sheva's voices while trading back and forth sound dysfunctional and anxious.

I've got that "You take it" response in my head that Chris constantly echoes when I have to get Sheva to pick items up due to my box being full. I can't help but feel like it's a guy with repressed emotions and an insecurity complex that might as well be saying "You take it, my box is too small". :oops:

PostPosted: 01 Oct 2009, 10:52 
Insiders
Insiders

Well hell, I never ahd any isue finding one until tonight. I've seen two different versions but nwo they seem to ahve vanished form teh usual mod sites.

However, you can find them on bit torrent trackers. This is the one i put on a friends' computer:

[Ask by PM for link]

I assume links to legit .torrents are okay, right?

Last time i installed RE4: Install, patch to 1.1, then slap these on..

-Resident Evil 4 PC Texture Patch 2.0 By Albert (plus its update)
-Enhanced Environment 1.5 By Cerberus
-Lighting Tweaks by Cdiddy7

and weapon texture replacements.

Oh and finally, enbseries. It 's a bit of a bitch tp set up but it adds improved fog, DOF, color, occlusion, shading tweaks, more AA tweaks, (fake) bumpmaps, and others.

http://boris-vorontsov.narod.ru/enbseries_re4_v0075b.zip

Satan bless that Boris fellow.

PostPosted: 01 Oct 2009, 11:26 
Editors
Editors

To be honest, due to the way most of the lawyers seem to go after torrents, I'd rather not see any torrent links on the forum at all.

I might be being overly cautious - I don't want any "oh but..." PMs from anyone - I'd rather be cautious than the WSGF get in trouble. I'm sure you understand. ;)

I can't stop you if you will let people PM you for the link, though.

PostPosted: 01 Oct 2009, 12:31 

One annoying thing with RE4 when it came out was the mouse mod only worked with cracked copies, I believe, and I couldn't find a reliable US version crack at the time, so I played it with my 360 controller and a 360 controller button interface mod.

I'm sure the mouse mod is easier to use now... at least, I hope it is.

PostPosted: 01 Oct 2009, 15:29 

This is the first, it's right near where you get the key for the gate at the docks, which is hanging on the hook by a corpse hanging upside down. Outside the building you find it in there's a flea market booth between it and the gate you open that has a treasure chest in it which I cannot get to.

The 2nd is at the start of the level I'm on now, which begins in a circular irrigation room where you first encounter the flowers that they extract the virus from. There's a large blue gem under the small metal footbridge that leads you out of that room, but I see no way to get to it. (Sorry, no pic)

1st - You need a grenade or explosive to blow apart one of the market stalls - inside is a treasure worth 3 or 4k

2nd - Walk up the steps , go around the flowers and over the bridge and you'l get to the door

PostPosted: 01 Oct 2009, 21:12 

OK, found Sp00kyFox's RE 4 HD res movie mod. It can be found on many non torrent sites too btw. The name sounded familiar and low and behold it was the same guy that made the one I had tried before. Since the original said 1.29GB and this one said 1.58 though, I decided to DL it and try it.

Only prob is it now has a quick installer instead of extracting the movies and copying and pasting, so I can't view them until I reinstall the game. I remain skeptical for two reasons though, the file size isn't much bigger if at all (the other could just be compressed for DL more and/or smaller due to no installer), and I know how encoding works. You can't polish a turd and have it look good, it's still a turd.

As was said on one site that recommends which RE 4 mods are worth using, it won't be a significant difference until someone figures out how to encode the GC cutscenes. I use Albert's Texture Mod 2.0, the Mouse Aim Fix, and the KB Replacer. Tried some of the others you mentioned and found them not worth it.

Thanks for the tip on the market stall chest Meng. It would have been nice if you could puzzle it though in the case of no nade, like luring zombies toward it then getting the guy in the chopper to rocket it. At first I thought that must be the way, but the zombies wouldn't follow me back there.

On the flower room one, I was asking how to get the item under the bridge, not how to get to the door. Someone here has already said it's an emblem instead of a gem and you have to shoot it to get it.

The more I play this game the more I think the only way to have fun at it is when you finally get infinite ammo weapons and all upgrades due to very small inventory boxes and the run n' gun nature of it. There's not many practical opportunities to use melee in this game, so you go through a LOT of ammo. All my first purchases have been capacity upgrades on weapons because of it, and they're expensive. Problem is, the way they've scattered many of the valuables in areas where you have to scavenge whilst fighting, it makes it pretty hard to get enough cash to do that. Nothing like forcing you to play through several times due to poor pickup placement and calling it replay value. :roll:

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2009, 13:10 
Editors
Editors

Has anyone managed to run this game on th2go ? The demo could be run fine at 5040x1050, but it seems the retail version cant ? :?:
Just got some new games, finally !

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next