Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 05 Jul 2024, 01:54

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: 17 Sep 2009, 05:26 
Insiders
Insiders

I haven't played the console version, but the PC versions' inventory system is b y far teh worst and most inefficent I've ever seen. Sometimes you can trade/swap, sometimes not. The Zero Punctuation fellow talks all about it in his review. ..but i guess that was for the console verion, so I guess it's about the same.

Being from the console, the HUD is far from the screen egde and it's also pretty large. But it also looks easy-ish to mod once someone makes an archive unpacker for it. THe modding has already started - the ENBseries uy made a mod that rids teh game of the green-grey monotone color wash. The colour is better but it messes up some of the ambient shadowing, which really adds to the atmosphere.

But proper WS and the FPS never goes below 45fps at max setings (specs in sig) and it looks really nice. Many textures aren't too hot but the post effects and lighting is lovely.

But it was a cunt to customize the controller layout for my Rumblepad 2.

As with the bench demo, find the config.ini and change "jobthread=" to a igher number is you have a multi-core CPU. "2" works best for me, but some folks get best results with a value of "7" on their quad-cores. Weird.

But i like it, overall. LOOOOOTS of baddies to kill. And many PC-watchsdogs were right. I've had a lto of interaction with a lot of junkies and the game really is like mowing down groups of crackheads. Fun.

PostPosted: 17 Sep 2009, 06:08 

If you play it with KB&M, which works great, the mouse wheel changes weapons and the number keys use inventory items... also, you just hold tab and mouse over to use items if you want to see your inventory first.

It works quite well.

The only think I dislike about the controls is the slow turning speed... they have a quick turn button, why not just make it turn fluidly?

Either way, it still plays great, and MUCH better on PC, comparing it to the PS3 demo I played. It also looks a ton better.

PostPosted: 17 Sep 2009, 17:00 

I looked at the box in store and it looks like they are pushing the Nvidia 3D with this game hard. Maybe it is some prospective buyer's cup of tea.

PostPosted: 17 Sep 2009, 17:41 

But proper WS and the FPS never goes below 45fps at max setings (specs in sig) and it looks really nice. Many textures aren't too hot but the post effects and lighting is lovely.

:shock: sorry about the total out of topic but I had to zoom in so much to read said specs !

PostPosted: 18 Sep 2009, 12:26 
Editors
Editors

I haven't played the console version, but the PC versions' inventory system is b y far teh worst and most inefficent I've ever seen. Sometimes you can trade/swap, sometimes not. The Zero Punctuation fellow talks all about it in his review. ..but i guess that was for the console verion, so I guess it's about the same.

Nah, the console inventory system is even more dodgy than that, if it were possible.

PostPosted: 18 Sep 2009, 21:09 

dont really see much wrong with the inventory system if im honest...

PostPosted: 18 Sep 2009, 21:11 
Editors
Editors

Probably half my problem with the inventory system in the 360 version is I'm not good at controllers. ;)

PostPosted: 18 Sep 2009, 21:36 
Insiders
Insiders

Has anyone tried this Triple Head*, sorry, multi-monitor yet? My search-fu is weak....

*Bother, no strike through, my joke falls flat ;)

PostPosted: 19 Sep 2009, 00:46 
Insiders
Insiders

Okay it got harder so i started using mouse+kb. And although easier, the main issues with that system will lick poo.

Partner has health that I want to eat? NO, she cun't just hand it over or feed it to me. If I'm lucky enough to have an empty space i just request it from her (then the inventory closes it self), then open the invent again and pop it. If i have no empties, i have to swap out an item for hers (and not one that she'll be a dumb-shit and automatically use, like herbs or ammo), which closes teh window again, open the inventory, use it, invent closes, i open it again, then have to swap request my item back. Adn for some reason, she refuses to hand things over, and sometimes you can exchange, sometimes not.

But I've started to consider it adding challenge to the game, which kinda works for me, and i DO really enjoy it and it' lots of fun-fun.

Oh and the dumb-shit also like to shoot me in the back, wasting precious ammo. You'd think that't be an easy thing to fix... and as soon as a reliable modding pack comes out, I'm deleting her silly comments she likes to spew.

Rant/love, rant/love.

PostPosted: 19 Sep 2009, 13:58 

Oh and the dumb-shit also like to shoot me in the back, wasting precious ammo.

She does enjoy doing this. alot.
I played through to 4-2 but then my partner has disapeared and has been gone for like 4 days :<
Have been on the fence as to whether to play it through myself , wait for them or find someone else to replace them

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next