Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 07 Jul 2024, 22:27

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Burnout Paradise
PostPosted: 24 Feb 2009, 04:18 

I personally am having problems with the game. At random moments I get red graphical artifacts all over my screen and then it freezes. Sometimes it makes windows itself shut down and I get a blue screen that says its "dumping psychical memory to disk". This is the only game that give me this error.

PostPosted: 24 Feb 2009, 05:21 
Insiders
Insiders

I personally am having problems with the game. At random moments I get red graphical artifacts all over my screen and then it freezes. Sometimes it makes windows itself shut down and I get a blue screen that says its "dumping psychical memory to disk". This is the only game that give me this error.

Artifacting usually means your GPU is overheating.

PostPosted: 24 Feb 2009, 05:46 

Man. I really don't know any other way to cool the card more then I am now. I play Supreme Commander, the most demanding game I own, for hours with no probs. But Burnout can crash under 20 mins. :cry:

PostPosted: 24 Feb 2009, 09:23 
Insiders
Insiders

One good way to be sure - Check those temps.

And use recent video drivers, of course.

If temps are fine, and other games work well... uhh.... try the Criterion Games forums.

The game crahes every couple hours for me, but it just quits to windows.

Oh yes, there's a couple DLC packs this year. Cops & Robbers add-on for consoels and PC, and "Big Island" (i think). A large island with lots of stunts and what looks like another vehicle type, too. But only for PS3 and PC.

PostPosted: 24 Feb 2009, 13:18 
Editors
Editors

I also tried forcing AF, with 180.48 though. It seems to work (?) but it induces some sort of slight stuttering that's really hard to miss in this otherwise smooth, fast-paced game. Minimal filtering, shadow resolution and low LOD distances are the secret behind the "good graphics, great performance" formula I'm afraid :(

EVGA has issued a "patch" for 182.05 & newer nvidia drivers - Vista only. It is said to "enable SLI support" in several games, including BP. I somehow doubt it, but didn't try yet :? (Alternate dl link here)

PostPosted: 24 Feb 2009, 16:10 

EA's forums suggested to play the games at a lower graphics setting to see if that helped any or not. I lowered my game from 1680x1050, 8x AA, and high settings, down to 1440x900, 2x AA and high settings.

I've been playing for about a hour and the temp is at 64c. I've had no crashes. Temp wise the highest I've seen the card go with this game is 69c. A google search shows some people reach that just from being idle.

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2009, 11:59 

Is anyone playing this at all anymore? I've picked it up over the last few days to finish it off before reformatting, Just needed to complete all of the showtime records and get a few achievements.

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2009, 12:33 
Editors
Editors

I picked up the Ultimate Box on 360 a while ago when it was in a sale. I've played for about 9 hours and have it 43% complete IIRC.

I suck at stunt runs, though. :( And 1.7 miles drift? I suck at that, too, obviously...

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2009, 13:00 

And 1.7 miles drift? I suck at that, too, obviously...

Hmm I think that I cheated on the drift by just drifting in circles heh.

PostPosted: 30 Sep 2009, 15:03 
Editors
Editors

Haven't played in a looong while. With everything achieved/unlocked and no love for online MP, I just... stopped playing. Since there are no free DLCs, and even no Island for the PC version, my Burnout Paradise days are history.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next