Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 08 Jul 2024, 09:32

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: MOH:A install problems
PostPosted: 19 Feb 2008, 00:42 

XP SP2
Intel Core 2 Duo E6600
Asus P5N-E SLI
Cosair 4GB
320GB WD
Antec 550W PSU
eVGA 8800 GTS 512

I just got Medal of Honor: Airborne for the PC a couple of days ago. Actually I got MOH:A, Tomb Raider: Anniversary and Rainbow Six Vegas as well. Tomb Raider and Vegas installed perfectly. When I try and install Airborne, it immediately asks for the key code, I enter it, and it runs through some quick load boxes and just stops. It doesn't enter into a setup up window where it asks for a browsing location or anything, it just stops. I have gone as far as killing my internet and turning off my antivirus and trying to install with nothing in the background. But nothing seems to work. Any ideas?

PostPosted: 19 Feb 2008, 01:11 

What about enabling internet but disabling firewall?

PostPosted: 19 Feb 2008, 05:00 

I actually found the fix, after searching through probably a hundred or so pages of threads within Google search results. I had a different version of Aegia Physics software installed that was conflicting with the Aegia software that MOH:A wanted to install so it was terminating the setup at that point. So I just uninstalled the version I had and let the game install the version it had on the disc and it ran the setup perfectly.

PostPosted: 19 Feb 2008, 13:51 

I actually found the fix, after searching through probably a hundred or so pages of threads within Google search results. I had a different version of Aegia Physics software installed that was conflicting with the Aegia software that MOH:A wanted to install so it was terminating the setup at that point. So I just uninstalled the version I had and let the game install the version it had on the disc and it ran the setup perfectly.

That's just weird. Good news though.

PostPosted: 29 Aug 2010, 02:18 

You will also get this problem with any of the NVIDIA Physx drivers. As I have just discovered.

Good job EA!