Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 08 Jul 2024, 11:01

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2007, 22:49 

Lost all my saved games and I really don't want to start over from the beginning ... ! There are no level cheats for the game. I was on Chapter 5:15 "Following Her." If anyone can upload a save I would very much appreciated

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2007, 01:41 
Insiders
Insiders

As it uses the Doom 3 engine, there are ways to go to a specific level via the console.

Although I never tried it with Prey specifically, just other Doom3 games..

There should be a maps folder either in the game folder or a compressed file. Find the name for which ever map (level) you want adn enter into console "map /X" - X being whe mapname. You shouldn't have to enter the file extension, and you will likely have to input the path if it's more than one folder deep, like "map /maps/mapname".

As i said it DOES work with other Doom3 based games like Doom3, Riddick, etc..

Oh and you may many games don't give you extra weapons when the level loads so you may have to use weapon cheats or a trainer.

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2007, 03:20 

As it uses the Doom 3 engine, there are ways to go to a specific level via the console.

Although I never tried it with Prey specifically, just other Doom3 games..

There should be a maps folder either in the game folder or a compressed file. Find the name for which ever map (level) you want adn enter into console "map /X" - X being whe mapname. You shouldn't have to enter the file extension, and you will likely have to input the path if it's more than one folder deep, like "map /maps/mapname".

Oh and you may many games don't give you extra weapons when the level loads so you may have to use weapon cheats or a trainer.

Man, thanks so much for responding! I really appreciate it.

So the map files, as you suspected, are compressed into a Pack000.pk4 file. I couldn't get the console to recognize the Pack000.pk4 location, so I unpacked the file, but it still wouldn't recognize it. I think it automatically looks in a "maps" folder which is either in the "base" folder or the base directory. I made a new "maps" folder in both and it recognized it and loaded up my game.

So far so good. But I immediately ran into a strange problem. PREY features these anti-gravity walkways which you have to activate, and then you can walk up the walls, ceiling, etc. Well, when I load my unpacked map, I can no longer walk on the anti-gravity walkway! It just won't let me use the walkway, which means I can't progress through the level ... I wonder if maybe I need to unpack more files .... ?

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2007, 07:56 

Just want to point out that Riddick does not use the Doom3 engine. It uses it's own proprietary engine developed by Starbreeze Studios.

They do look very similar in style, so it's not unusual to confuse them, but Doom 3 was the first game to use the Doom 3 engine and Riddick preceded Doom 3 by a couple of months (which makes it all the more impressive that Riddick basically came out of nowhere, with no hype, and did everything at a technological level that Doom 3 did - and something even better).

I know it's not a big deal. I'm just a HUGE fan of CoR:EFBB and hate to see people think the developers didn't come by their impressive technical underpinnings on their own.

-----------

In any case, to answer the OP, Prey isn't that long a game. I image that now that you know what to do and you're not admiring the environment, you should be able to replay up that point relatively quickly.

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2007, 16:20 
Insiders
Insiders

I stand corrected.

Well guy, you may as well start a game from scratch and make seperate saves for each level.

Shit now i want to reinstall Prey.

Thanks, prick!