Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 05 Jul 2024, 01:14

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 17  Next
 Post subject: Bioshock
PostPosted: 17 Aug 2007, 07:50 

Holy shet batman!

Average of 98.9%!??

Is that a record or something?

You gotta admit though, they did skip out on the Multiplayer, unless that does not get scored in reviews. THis is the way I think it should be, either go Multiplyer game, or singleplayer. I havn't seen many that can do both really well.

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2007, 08:05 

Oh please, those are all early reviews. The game was just released a few days ago, and because the game is so hyped all the gaming sites are pushing out the reviews as soon as they can. When that happens, the initial impression of the game dictates the score and not enough time is spent thoroughly playing the game.

All those review scores are saying is that it's an amazing game at the start. But how is it after 10-20 hours? Still awesome?

This smells like another Oblivion to me...

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2007, 08:21 

Well, if the reviewers were always not sold out, then I would trust them for the 100% scores. I will wait for few more reviews, forum posts on some sites that I trust and play the demos, then decide.

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2007, 10:22 
Editors
Editors

Hehe...

I wouldn't discount those scores, but I'm dubious that anything deserves to get, effectively, 99%. I mean, they're gonna have to invent a new scoring system soon, because it doesn't seem like it'll be long before the really 'big' games score 100%... and I just can't believe anything is that perfect.

Hell, I honestly thought that the reviews for Half-Life and Half-Life 2 were seriously over-the-top. But that's just me.

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2007, 11:40 

Hehe...

I wouldn't discount those scores, but I'm dubious that anything deserves to get, effectively, 99%. I mean, they're gonna have to invent a new scoring system soon, because it doesn't seem like it'll be long before the really 'big' games score 100%... and I just can't believe anything is that perfect.

Hell, I honestly thought that the reviews for Half-Life and Half-Life 2 were seriously over-the-top. But that's just me.

Oh defiantly, A shitty game wont get lower then 4/10 on most review sites, i think its freaking stupid.

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2007, 11:57 

Gamespot gives some lower marks in bad games. Usualy PC games, but anyway.

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2007, 14:10 
Editors
Editors

Notice almost every single one of those is probably reviewing the 360 version. There are less decent 360 games to compare it against than PC. I would discount every review site that ranks out of 10 as well, it's not specific enough, and especially freak OXM UK, they rate every single game they get pushed under their nose 10/10

I'd like to see that chart of reviews on JUST the PC version. I doubt it'll be as high (high still, but not THAT high)

Follow me on twitter: @theg00seberry and find me on Steam

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2007, 20:38 

Oh please, those are all early reviews. The game was just released a few days ago, and because the game is so hyped all the gaming sites are pushing out the reviews as soon as they can. When that happens, the initial impression of the game dictates the score and not enough time is spent thoroughly playing the game.

All those review scores are saying is that it's an amazing game at the start. But how is it after 10-20 hours? Still awesome?

This smells like another Oblivion to me...

I've read a few that have finished the game, unless they are outright lying. The only way it's another Oblivion is if they only played for a couple of hours. The game is only 20 or so hours long, if you do everything. That's about how long most reviews put into Oblivion.

Post subject: Request
PostPosted: 19 Aug 2007, 21:50 
Editors
Editors

For any of my WSGF compatriots in the States who get the PC game before I do (which will be all of you, given that it comes out 3 days earlier in the US... ;)), I have a request.

Post what the activation system is like. Not Steam, as apparently the retail box uses a totally different system, and retail CD-Key's can't be used to activate a Steam copy...

So... yeah. I'd just like a heads-up from a forum I can trust before I try to decide whether I want to support the whole 'assume all our customers are pirates' sales model...

Thanks. ;)

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2007, 23:45 

How did it come to this anyway.... you buy a PC game at the store, that should be good enough. But no, when you get home you gotta activate a stupid key or set up an account then activate the stupid key

ITS CRAZY!!!! How did it come to this???

Remember the good ole days of just buying a game and bringing it home and loading it up on the computer and playing it?

What the hell happened!!!!

I blame the entire current state of PC gaming on Valve :(

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 17  Next