Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 05 Jul 2024, 12:12

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: 25 Apr 2007, 09:17 

And steef, what games did you enjoy the most?

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2007, 11:31 
Editors
Editors

I really want to install WCIII but I just cant bring myself to it since it doesnt support widescreen. Funny how important that becomes when you finaly own one. Plus that game would be so nice with WS (I can definitly see how it would give WS users an advantage tho)

Too bad they dont just do somthing like advanced scaling.

instead of a complete overscan to fill the space and losing some top/bottom they should do eather a 50/50 cut as I call it giving a 50% side fov increase and losing only 50% of the vert so you have no net gain in total FOV. As a final thing atleast having some kind of HUD take up the space would be nice. It doesnt have to be functional but just decorative.

On the note of old games tho, I have to go install Unreal Tournament 2004 and give that a go, I always did like that game alot. It should totaly rock now.

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2007, 13:15 
Editors
Editors

And steef, what games did you enjoy the most?

Only recent game I played was R6 Vegas. :D

Really cool game that. :P

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2007, 18:43 

[quote]And steef, what games did you enjoy the most?

Only recent game I played was R6 Vegas. :D

Really cool game that. :P

R6: Vegas is definitely a good game; the best "next-gen" FPS I have played; I cannot wait until the new one comes out. ^^

Did R6: Vegas for X-Box 360 and PC come out around the same time?

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2007, 18:51 
Editors
Editors

I believe so, although I never really bothered to check since I don't have a 360 :P

PostPosted: 30 Apr 2007, 05:25 
Editors
Editors

Anybody have/played the new C&C 3 game?? I didnt like the older C&C games when I tried them but maybe I was being too judgmental since I was used to warcraft/starcraft. I saw it today in the stores (60$ sheesh) and just saw our report that it supports widescreen and everything. So it's got my attention.

Looking for feedback on if the game is worth buying or not.

PostPosted: 30 Apr 2007, 11:48 

To pay 60$ is a bit mutch in my eyes, but if it was 30 or lower i would realy go for this game. The only but is that there isn't a large community (yet). you can see how long unreal tournament 2004 is surviving with a large community.

PostPosted: 30 Apr 2007, 15:11 

Going completely back on topic, a game I think is going to add a nice new fresh twist to RTS is World in Conflict coming out soon.

Not only does it have a unique way of putting your forces into war (no resource collecting), but it makes each player pick a specialty (air, armor, infantry etc) forcing players to work together in online MP. Graphics are supposed to be great (and are from what I've seen) and best of all online play can be done in 30 minute matches, perfect for the gamer with time or family obligations.

Also looking forward to SP as it has weather affects to represent the tide of battle.

Adressing the R6 Vegas posts....I was disappointed to find out that the awesome cover system won't be implemented for the new GRAW game on the PC.....shame.

Lucky enough to be in the Beta for GRW 2 (PC) and I think fans will be impressed....

PostPosted: 03 May 2007, 21:52 
Editors
Editors

Just have to say that reading through this made me load up StarCraft again. :D I forgot how fun that game was. Pity that the graphics have aged so badly... still, I'll probably install it on the box I'm gonna use as an 'old game' rig. (Well, when I say 'old' I mean all the things I want to play but for one reason or another won't play on XP...)

PostPosted: 05 May 2007, 04:54 
Editors
Editors

I think I will have to install starcraft again too. I never did beat 1 player all the way thru I got stuck near the end. that game has stuck with me so bad that I can remember each and every sound effect in my head... Oh how I remember the little sparks from my drones mining my crystals.

Im happy with warcraft 3, but I really wish they would make a sequal like starcart/warcraft with updated graphics and new units and stuff.

Heck I think i would be happy even if it was not a new game with new units/mission but just a totally reamped version of the old one with top notch graphics and stuff for a cheap price.

It would be nice to see some more 2d games these days, im sure the people with slower computers would like that aswell.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next