Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 07 Jul 2024, 20:40

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Neverwinter nights 2
PostPosted: 06 Nov 2006, 17:30 

Update - I'm well into the game and I'm around Level 7. Really enjoying it now. It's everything Oblivion wasn't (to me anyway). Some great dialogue, funny characters and intriguing gameplay.

Got used to the cameras, so that's not as big a deal. They were not intuitive to me initially.

Graphics look far better further on in the game than they did at the beginning - perhaps it was just the locale (I won't spoil it by going into details).

So yeah - I would not hesitate to recommend this game to anyone!

PostPosted: 06 Nov 2006, 21:37 
Editors
Editors

It's definitely a better game than the original NWN, which until the addons I felt had no 'life' in it.

Does that annoying male 'friend' at the beginning (whats his name? Bevil?) remind anyone else of an overweight, scaredy-cat Carth from KotOR? :lol:

I like the extra character depth during creation, too. :)

Overall, I think this'll be a good game if they manage to fix the performance issues. Which I have, but pretty much all I've tried so far is everything right at max (which, lets face it, shouldn't be too hard for my gaming rig) so I'm not going to go into a great deal of detail with them at the minute...

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2006, 05:05 

Does that annoying male 'friend' at the beginning (whats his name? Bevil?) remind anyone else of an overweight, scaredy-cat Carth from KotOR? :lol:

Dude, I was thinking the SAME thing. He even sounds like him. I kept saying "STFU Carth!" in my head everytime he opened his mouth.

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2006, 06:54 

I love the game so far. Yes, there are a few techinical issues but nothing that impacts gameplay. In due time they will be resolved and the game will even better.

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2006, 12:42 
Editors
Editors

Dude, I was thinking the SAME thing. He even sounds like him. I kept saying "STFU Carth!" in my head everytime he opened his mouth.

I'm so glad it wasn't just me... :lol:

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2006, 21:08 

[quote]Dude, I was thinking the SAME thing. He even sounds like him. I kept saying "STFU Carth!" in my head everytime he opened his mouth.

lol...now that you mention it, yes, it is him...5000 years before, in a galaxy far, far away...

PostPosted: 08 Nov 2006, 00:43 

[quote][quote]Dude, I was thinking the SAME thing. He even sounds like him. I kept saying "STFU Carth!" in my head everytime he opened his mouth.

lol...now that you mention it, yes, it is him...5000 years before, in a galaxy far, far away...

I watched the credits, and there doesn't seem to be any mention of Raphael Sbarge (aka Carth), so i don't think it's him. Probably just a guy who sounds a lot like him.

PostPosted: 22 Nov 2006, 23:08 

got the game today and not played for that long but must say that it looks promising.
Only bad thing is that i can't put my 2nd 7800GTX in action. WEhen i activate SLI all the sound in NWN2 is screwed with lots of "clicks" "squeeks" and "plops" :(
This kind of crap make me want to throw out those two 7800GTX cards and get a 8800GTX, SLI is giving me too much problems with games lately :(

PostPosted: 23 Nov 2006, 15:34 
Editors
Editors

Interestingly, performance on my gaming rig (fully patched) isn't any better than on a different rig of significantly lower spec when unpatched. :? These patches don't seem to be doing an awful lot...

PostPosted: 23 Nov 2006, 16:53 

New beta 1.03 patch out now.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=NWN2Other.Detail&id=39

Apparently it improves performance significantly.

Also adds AA - sweet! :cheers

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next