Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 04 Jul 2024, 20:16

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Titan Quest
PostPosted: 17 Jul 2006, 08:28 
Editors
Editors

Agreed, it does have it's problems. I noticed the other day there are so many spots you can get stuck. Screenshot Below. But I still loving playing it. I'm going to do a review sometime today on it.

PostPosted: 17 Jul 2006, 15:56 
Editors
Editors

review done!

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2006, 20:38 

just wanted to add to the missfortune of that still good game that it killed one of my computer.... actually it toasted the cpu... :(

good thing is, it was NOT my main uber computer... and this one was kinda old (1700AMD+)... i changed for a 3000+ and a new board for less than 100$.... and its working again! :)

im pretty sure its not the game fault at 100%... but it DID happen when we were playing, the game crashed the whole computer, had to shut down holding power 5secs... then woudnt come back up... cpu had been toasted... anyway!

just wanted to share with ya all! :)
laterZ

EDIT following the next message : the computer itself wasnt overclocked or anything... but im sure it had something to do with heating... but that computer is only used by my friends for gaming... so its used and able to handle games (BF2, Oblivion, HoMnM5, etc...) all at minimum quality but still! I also know the hardware itself was old... and that TitanQ. demands a lot for machines... so im not actually blaming the game for that... just stating that it was the "click" that made everything go boom! :P

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2006, 21:29 

just wanted to add to the missfortune of that still good game that it killed one of my computer.... actually it toasted the cpu... :(

good thing is, it was NOT my main uber computer... and this one was kinda old (1700AMD+)... i changed for a 3000+ and a new board for less than 100$.... and its working again! :)

im pretty sure its not the game fault at 100%... but it DID happen when we were playing, the game crashed the whole computer, had to shut down holding power 5secs... then woudnt come back up... cpu had been toasted... anyway!

just wanted to share with ya all! :)
laterZ

It's possible that the game is stressing the components more than you systems are used to. When Doom3 came out a lot of people had trouble with their video cards overheating because of the way it used them. Granted most of these people OC'd their stuff. It is possible though for a game to stress a card or chip more than it's used to and overheat it.

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2006, 22:22 
Editors
Editors

That's always possible with new graphics intensive games, but given that a few days earlier I'd completed a 36 hour dual StressPrime2004 run on the CPU without issues (and with the CPU far hotter than it got playing Titan Quest) and a 10 hour loop of 3DMark2006, which really made the temps on the GPU shoot up (6* higher than TQ reached) and it was OK, I don't think temps were the issue for me.

It is possible that the TMDS chip was just 'on its last legs'... but there really just doesn't seem to be any explanation for what caused it. My normal fault testing routines would have picked up pretty much everything that wasn't caused by either a) the game screwing something up or b) something failing by random chance.

*shrug* Whatever. I have no real desire to test this in the future - I just want my gaming comp back in action...

PostPosted: 20 Jul 2006, 23:20 

I am having more fun with this title than any other this year. I just hit the orient and am truly addicted to the game. I played for 12 straight hours the other day with no crashes or glitches. I have yet to get stuck on/in the environment in my 40+ hours of gameplay.

Don't be scared of this game people! You really are missing out.

PostPosted: 21 Jul 2006, 03:20 

totally agree!! although i DID get many crashes, 99% of them were playing a Lan game... in Single i really didnt get many problems... and it IS indeed a very nice game!! I thought the Diablo type of game was totally past... but this is really a wonderfull diablo 3 clone! :)

PostPosted: 22 Jul 2006, 17:35 

Hi!
just a little question:
is it possible in titan quest to have a smaller wide screen resolution?
ex: 1024x576 or 1280x720.
For me 1600x900 is so small to read small characters..

Thanx a lot!!!
Sam

PostPosted: 22 Jul 2006, 19:19 

Hi!
just a little question:
is it possible in titan quest to have a smaller wide screen resolution?
ex: 1024x576 or 1280x720.
For me 1600x900 is so small to read small characters..

Thanx a lot!!!
Sam

Sure. You should have pretty much all of the resolutions that your video card's driver supports available.

PostPosted: 22 Jul 2006, 22:59 

well for my part, except for 800x600, i havent seen any other resolution with a Y rez lower than 720....

I'd have wanted a res. of 1152x648... my desktop is at that rez... but the game just doesnt have it.... :(

good thing is, since i got my new X1900xt, it auto strech any other resolution to fit the screen... so i can use any i wish and it doesnt really mather.... yet the ONLY resolution that doesnt have clipping (over/underscan) is 1152x648.... :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next