Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 05 Jul 2024, 11:36

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 283 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next
 Post subject: STALKER info ...
PostPosted: 23 Feb 2008, 11:59 

Can somebody list good mods for me to get for S.T.A.L.K.E.R?
I played it before, probably about 20 hours worth . . . but I lost the save somehow. Plus I haven't played it in a long time.

I played it without mods last time . . . so I have no idea which mods to get.

Oh, anyway, last thing I remember doing in S.T.A.L.K.E.R. was going through X18, I think? It was around when you first encounter that monster that makes your vision all messed up and you get a "WTF!" death.
I kind of dread having to go through the beginning though . . . it has such a slow start. =[

PostPosted: 23 Feb 2008, 13:11 
Insiders
Insiders

I actually jsut finsihed it today. I picked it up again after upgrading, plus teh end level was a bitch for me the first time..

Anywho, the mods have thus far are:

No time limit on Quests.

Extended flashlight range.

Better blood.

Better skies.

MP5 in pistol slot.

Weight capacity increase 50 to 70.

Real-Life map JPEG

Parallax Mapping v2

Improved sky color.

Weather overhaul.

Sharper Textures.

Darker Nights.

High-end preset

The only ones that really have an effect on gameplay is teh weight capacity mod and the darker nights make it a bit harder.

I found them all at Stalker Files, the filefront page.

The Parallax mapping + Sharper textures made quite the differnce in the look. IF you ahve any mods that contain a "system.ltx" fiel, be sure to make it compatible with teh latest 1.005 patch by openign that .ltx file, find "current_server_entity_version = X" and change X to 7.

http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/938/stalekrxf6.jpg
http://img247.imageshack.us/my.php?image=stalkerdf8.jpg

PostPosted: 23 Feb 2008, 14:00 
Editors
Editors

How about Paddy's Blood ... :lol: ... :mrgreen: ...

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/node/7590od

PostPosted: 23 Feb 2008, 17:52 
Insiders
Insiders

Mikeh, are those the exact names of the mods for Stalker? I know I'm asking a lot with this, but could you link all of them? :(

PostPosted: 03 Mar 2008, 11:03 

Wow, I didn't realize I was bumping such an old thread. Sorry. :P

Anyway, I am having problems with modding S.T.A.L.K.E.R; it usually crashes after a minute of playing. XR_3DA.exe gets a huge memory leak, goes over 1 million!

I am running Vista with all the updates and an running a beta version of nVidia drivers for my 8800GTX.
I am using a no-DVD XR_3DA, might that be it? I tried using the normal one and it is giving a weird error:

"Entry Point Not Found"

The procedure entry point
??0scope@luabind@@QAE@V?$auto_ptr@Uregistration@detail@luabind@@@std@@@Z could not be located in the dynamic link library
xrLUA.dll.

I forgot to Google it before . . . I'll do that tomorrow after work. I just provided it to let you know the error I get.

PostPosted: 06 Mar 2008, 17:15 
Insiders
Insiders

Mikeh, are those the exact names of the mods for Stalker? I know I'm asking a lot with this, but could you link all of them? :(

Heh sorry no i'm too lazy for that...

But i found them all at "Stalker Files", and most of the names i mentioned are pretty much what the mods are called. I left out modders and/or version nubmers.

The capacity mod i did manually, but used a pre-made mod for reference.

I also used teh high-end preset mod for a starting point for custom graphics options... check out tweakgueidse.com for a slick, detailed guide.

Damn I cun't wait for Clear Sky.

PostPosted: 06 Mar 2008, 20:08 
Editors
Editors

I'm intended to load up STALKER again, so I'll give these mods a crack... provided I can actually be bothered to hunt them down and install them. :lol:

PostPosted: 06 Mar 2008, 21:08 

Clear Sky is just the prequel to be released soon, right? Anything interesting with it?

PostPosted: 07 Mar 2008, 00:24 

Was supposed to be released at the end of this month but considering they still haven't "Confirmed" that it is 98% likely the date has been pushed back by several months.

PostPosted: 07 Mar 2008, 01:51 
Insiders
Insiders

Hey as long as it doesn't take another 5 frickin' years I can wait for a bit longer...

PS all thsoe mods are easily found, jsut remember that if any have a "system.ltx" fiel that you'll have to change a line depending on your game version, as i previously posted.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 283 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next