Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 05 Jul 2024, 00:07

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 283 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 29  Next
 Post subject: STALKER info ...
PostPosted: 28 Mar 2007, 05:22 

The patch fixed the 5.1 for both xp and Vista here, it also solved my Vista save/crash issue. However, now not only does the FOV fix not work, hopefulyl rectified soon, it forces my screen to stretch a 4:3 res to the full screen.

BTW the FOV fix corupted my game somehow and I had to reinstall, otherwise it would lockup loading levels and crash during gameplay, this is post patch of course.

PostPosted: 28 Mar 2007, 05:57 

People are having issues with windows Vista and this game? Hmmm, I played the game outta the box and have had zero issues. None, and I use windows Vista.

Going to a new zone takes a few seconds to load. Uh, sometimes there is a pause when I am moving in the game. I suppose this is when you crash I guess but my computer keeps on chugging along.

My computer is not powerful by no means. Vista user here and no issues at all with crashes, or save game. Everything works fine.

I have not downloaded any patch or anything yet.

Maybe you talking about Vista crashing for Multiplayer? I have not played Multiplayer yet nor do I want to.

Oh i know what it is.. you guys need to state whether you are overseas or usa. Didn't the overseas guys get the game first? So when the game finally arrived in USA.. where i am.. the bugs for Vista were ironed out I guess.

Okay thats probably it

Pentium D 3.0g dual core, 2gb memory, Nvidia 7800 video card, USA

PostPosted: 28 Mar 2007, 06:06 

I have a question for those who have patched:

Is the user.ltx file still accessable and able to be modified after installing the patch?

PostPosted: 28 Mar 2007, 06:08 

I have a question for those who have patched:

Is the user.ltx file still accessable and able to be modified after installing the patch?

Sure is.

PostPosted: 28 Mar 2007, 06:10 

People are having issues with windows Vista and this game? Hmmm, I played the game outta the box and have had zero issues. None, and I use windows Vista.

Going to a new zone takes a few seconds to load. Uh, sometimes there is a pause when I am moving in the game. I suppose this is when you crash I guess but my computer keeps on chugging along.

My computer is not powerful by no means. Vista user here and no issues at all with crashes, or save game. Everything works fine.

I have not downloaded any patch or anything yet.

Maybe you talking about Vista crashing for Multiplayer? I have not played Multiplayer yet nor do I want to.

Oh i know what it is.. you guys need to state whether you are overseas or usa. Didn't the overseas guys get the game first? So when the game finally arrived in USA.. where i am.. the bugs for Vista were ironed out I guess.

Okay thats probably it

Pentium D 3.0g dual core, 2gb memory, Nvidia 7800 video card, USA

From what I understand most of the vista problems were with 8800's and full dynamic lighting in Vista, I have the US version and pre patch had a number of issues.

PostPosted: 28 Mar 2007, 06:45 

Thanks Cabezone, you put my mind at ease! Now we just need an updated FOV fix, and we're set!

PostPosted: 28 Mar 2007, 08:06 

Until the next patch (which will probably render your savegames unusable again). Why on earth can`t they just fix the bloody FOV issue? This is ridiculous!

g

PostPosted: 28 Mar 2007, 08:56 

I am going to have S.T.A.L.K.E.R. soon . . . cannot wait! :D

Also R6: Vegas.

PostPosted: 29 Mar 2007, 01:16 

Was a bit unsure about doing it at first, but updated my STALKER last night with the new patch. I'll warn those that may have missed it, but patching will corrupt your current saved game! Otherwise, while there supposed to be a number of fixes, I'm not seeing any great improvements in FPS on my comp. Of course, I'm not using dynamic lighting and never had the bugs others were getting...

However, the multiplayer option is now vastly better. There are less crashes, but most importantly they've reduced the horrid lag that made it virtually worthless before. It's still not perfect, but it's a pretty good fix for those who miss a quick frag like Counterstrike :)

PostPosted: 29 Mar 2007, 02:28 

that was my first thought as well. LAGGY...it just SEEMS slow. Until that gets fixed I'll probably not bother with it...graphics are decent, concept is good...gameplay...not steller at all.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 283 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 29  Next