Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 06 Jul 2024, 13:44

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Dragon Age 2
PostPosted: 15 Mar 2011, 04:21 
Insiders
Insiders

The problem Armenius is that the guy who wrote that review isn't a user. He has a stake in this game and is biased. You mention buying reviews with advertising dollars, this is the next step; writing the review itself.

PostPosted: 15 Mar 2011, 12:55 

OR it could be a very cunning ploy from someone on the interwebs that merely faked the link to that plunk (can't remember exactly how it was spelt) site where the link is made. i.e. they only just registered the metacritic review name..... so.... they'd have to be pretty smart, but it's not that hard to pull off.

Anyway i'm playing DA2 right now and it's NOT a 4/10. I would give it an 8.5/10 at the moment. Pretty good, but still definitely prefer DA:O. So far... though i'm not very far in. (~8 hrs)

PostPosted: 15 Mar 2011, 16:29 

The problem Armenius is that the guy who wrote that review isn't a user. He has a stake in this game and is biased. You mention buying reviews with advertising dollars, this is the next step; writing the review itself.

I was addressing Ryom mentioning the Russian Bioware Social site encouraging users to rate the game a 10 on Metacritic.

PostPosted: 15 Mar 2011, 20:59 

Bioware has now split the General discussion forum in two: one for registered game owners and one for everyone else. I guess they think that the game owners' forum will contain less negative commentary. Well guess again because the rhetoric I have seen so far is pretty much the same.

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2011, 00:45 

Bioware has now split the General discussion forum in two: one for registered game owners and one for everyone else. I guess they think that the game owners' forum will contain less negative commentary. Well guess again because the rhetoric I have seen so far is pretty much the same.

I don't think they've done it for that. I think it's to stop the spammers that haven't played the game clogging up reasonable discussions. Most of the posts in the "registered game owners forum" still have all the same negatives to point out, but at least they've actually played the game rather than just repeating something they read on 4chan.