Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 06 Jul 2024, 13:53

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: starcraft 2
PostPosted: 28 Jul 2010, 06:20 

Sigh, just another negative for it...

I see some user reviews (mostly fanboys) who end up giving it a 10... and most of them just say a few words.

"I sense something, a presence I've not felt since......."

PostPosted: 28 Jul 2010, 07:54 

Sigh, just another negative for it...

I see some user reviews (mostly fanboys) who end up giving it a 10... and most of them just say a few words.

I could give a detailed user review, but honestly it's probably wasted words since it seems like most people have their minds made up. I honestly couldn't care less if SC2 supported triplewide. I'm a pretty big eyefinity person but as far as RTS games go, I really don't care and would rather play on a single monitor.

All I've gotta say is that this is the real deal - a very worthy successor to SC1. There's definitely plenty of things I dislike (namely Battle.net 2.0), but as far as the core game goes it's fantastic.

PostPosted: 28 Jul 2010, 08:16 

[quote]Sigh, just another negative for it...

I could give a detailed user review, but honestly it's probably wasted words since it seems like most people have their minds made up. I honestly couldn't care less if SC2 supported triplewide. I'm a pretty big eyefinity person but as far as RTS games go, I really don't care and would rather play on a single monitor.

All I've gotta say is that this is the real deal - a very worthy successor to SC1. There's definitely plenty of things I dislike (namely Battle.net 2.0), but as far as the core game goes it's fantastic.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure the story is awesome (the #1 reason I play any game), but it is mainly having to pay for that and the expansions at full price atm.

PostPosted: 28 Jul 2010, 11:44 

Say my mate comes over can we play lan vs. each other? (or is there at least a "pseudo"-lan functionality? like run over network but have cd-key check get pinged every 10 mins to the singapore servers or whatever?... could not stand having to plan LAN at 300ms ping)

(If anything the main times i play RTS games (Age of Empires 2, Red Alert 2, C&C: Tiberium Sun, Rome: Total War, etc.) has always been on a LAN. Either 1 v 1, 1v 1v1 or 2 v 4 x AI or something like that)

PostPosted: 28 Jul 2010, 11:58 

There is no LAN whatsoever. Any multiplayer has to be done while connected to battle.net. I'm not sure what Singapore has to do with anything. If you're worried about latency, SC2 does a fine job with that.

Anywho, played the campaign non stop and did 27 of the 29 missions on 'brutal'... but there's 2 that I just can't seem to crack and had to step it down. Must take a break...

PostPosted: 28 Jul 2010, 15:13 

Not even like some sort of pseudo LAN?

The reason why i ask is people like me in Australia have to connect via the Singapore Battle.net servers so if i had two connections up from my house to play LAN via battle.net basically we'd both be getting 300+ ms ping. (Which in a APM based RTS is criminal).

PostPosted: 28 Jul 2010, 17:06 

They specifically banned eyefinity as they deemed it as cheating. Don't expect to get anything but the normal aspects (16:9, 16:10, 4:3)

You can try using each monitor in portrait. 3x9:16 will give you basically 16:10, 3 x 10:16 will give you basically 16:9.

I can't get stretching to work at all. I'm beginning to suspect that it's just not possible, but I haven't tried a 3x1 portrait array yet.

Not even like some sort of pseudo LAN?
The reason why i ask is people like me in Australia have to connect via the Singapore Battle.net servers so if i had two connections up from my house to play LAN via battle.net basically we'd both be getting 300+ ms ping. (Which in a APM based RTS is criminal).

Wow, 5-6 years after the first protests and Blizzard is still screwing the Anzac crowd?

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2010, 01:58 
Insiders
Insiders

[quote]They specifically banned eyefinity as they deemed it as cheating. Don't expect to get anything but the normal aspects (16:9, 16:10, 4:3)

You can try using each monitor in portrait. 3x9:16 will give you basically 16:10, 3 x 10:16 will give you basically 16:9.

I can't get stretching to work at all. I'm beginning to suspect that it's just not possible, but I haven't tried a 3x1 portrait array yet.

Stretching? It'll be rendering at that resolution. Star Craft 2 is 3D not 2D.

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2010, 03:02 
I Donated
I Donated

Does someone actually have the game? If so, would someone please post on the official forums regarding Eyefinity/Triple Head support? It seems that only people who have bought the game can post.
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/13438/

It would be great to at least hear some kind of official word like "We are working on it", or "We are not supporting it" instead of guessing.

Thanks if anyone does this! :cheers

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2010, 05:08 

Hydralisk has the game. He is the only one I have seen that has posted so.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next