Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 08 Jul 2024, 00:09

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 29 Oct 2010, 02:22 

Has anyone seen any info whether or not surround or even eyefinity will be supported

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2010, 19:49 

Has anyone seen any info whether or not surround or even eyefinity will be supported

Most likely it will have the same crap support that the last two had, and will have to be messed with by someone in the community. I believe Dopefish handled the last two CoD games.

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2010, 09:16 

Well the same crap support is the likely answer since Black Ops is based off the same engine Modern WarFAIL 2 uses. And if it's using the same engine, chances are Treyarch will do nothing about it. Treyarch isn't smart nor good enough to really do anything good w/ the CoD game they're tasked of developing. They're nothing more than a hand-me-down company.

PostPosted: 08 Nov 2010, 19:23 

I'm looking forward to getting my copy of BlackOps tomorrow, but for sure don't know if
I'll like it. I havent' much cared for MW2--like many many I think they overdid the "super all powerful earned acheivements" and the same with the overdone, imo, kill streak rewards.

But of coure some peeps like that kind of game. I like games to be more competitive, and that's why i still play a lot of COD4. Even a beginner COD4 can play OK. Sure earned acheivments help, but they're not essential. And I rarely see totally one sided wipe out team games in COD4--I often see this in MW2 and that's a bore for either team to me.

I've watched many of the developer promo vids etc, and its just too hard to call.

Its funny lately i have started playing more MW2, and it doesn't bug me sooo much as it once did. I'm kinda enjoying getting weapon acheivements etc with guns I dont' usually use etc. And the play seems better? I don't know why. But its still pretty flawed.

I also play BBC2 and its really good for sure, but I guess too me I often like the more often up close and personal action of the COD series. I like the series for COD1,2,4 and United Offensive was great too. But the other COD games are not sooo hot for me.

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2010, 07:37 

That commercial is terrible.

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2010, 08:52 

dont get it :oops:

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2010, 09:50 
Insiders
Insiders

I have dissected about ten people since watching that commercial. I only found a soldier in one of them.

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2010, 10:36 

My commentary video for Black Ops. :)
Have it on PC too but like playing PS3 more :oops:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9BfpHbRX8I

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2010, 14:21 
Insiders
Insiders

And then there's the model or lighting on those characters... ever since MW came out, virtually every character model I see have those bothersome light reflections no matter where they're at. Are their clothes really that shiny and reflective???

Heh, they subscribe to the school of thought that you can hide any amount of low-res textures and blocky models if you add enough HDR and Bloom.

Graphics are from 2006, but they need to keep up the illusion so they can keep charging us 60$ every year.

PostPosted: 16 Aug 2011, 22:47 

Just to delve into the past a bit, Finally picked up COD:world at war.. NOW black ops makes more sense.

both are still lousy console tripe, but at least they make sense now..