Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 05 Jul 2024, 10:54

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 14 Jul 2008, 02:38 

Widescreen Grade: Unsupported
Multi-monitor Grade: Unsupported

Read Full Detailed Report - Command & Conquer: Renegade

The first (and to date, only) first-person iteration of the Command & Conquer series, Command & Conquer: Renegade puts you on the ground as GDI Commando Nick "Havok" Parker in a series of missions to stop the Brotherhood of Nod from developing an army of Tiberium-mutated super-soldiers. It features a reasonably lengthy campaign spanning a variety of locales, some fairly impressive graphics in an age of Quake 3-based shooters (the same "W3D" engine was modified to become, of all things, the SAGE engine that powers Generals and Tiberium Wars), and a multiplayer mode that in addition to being, in my opinion, one of the greatest in a shooter to date, introduced the world of PC gamers to freely-controlled vehicles in multiplayer (including flying ones). It also features an early look at EA's now long-standing tradition of terrible widescreen support.

Last edited by lowlymarine on 27 Mar 2013, 13:12, edited 1 time in total.
Edit

PostPosted: 14 Jul 2008, 07:43 

1920x1200 is also supported.
Play this game almost every day, I am now used to the extra weight. Would be nice to have some proper WS support, but a bit late now I guess.

PostPosted: 14 Jul 2008, 10:10 
Editors
Editors

Erm, is it really necessary to flame EA about the lack of ws support in a 2002 release ?? :?

I remember playing this one for hours (singleplayer), then it just got boring. Plenty of innovations though as you state. One of the few titles to use Ati's n-patches, to create curves from the usual blocky volumes. Never had the chance to see that in action though, I think I had an Nvidia TNT2 at the time :razz:

As for TH2G support, native ws res 'support' (w/ stretching) suggests you can probably select 3840x1024, but what'd the point be ?

PostPosted: 14 Jul 2008, 11:00 

The game is at best average in single player. Multiplayer is where the money is, the command and conquer mode is just superb, with two enemy bases (NOD vs GDI) fighting to destroy each other, vehicles, infantry etc. Great online game. (I play it since 2002 online, so, yeah..)

PostPosted: 15 Jul 2008, 02:57 
Insiders
Insiders

==Supported resolutions==

You should list 1920x1080 and 1920x1200 as "untested." Actually, just 1920x1080, because BlueMak confirmed 1920x1200.

Grade is D+, coverage is 99.5%, horizontal stretch is a damaging flaw.