Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 07 Jul 2024, 23:43

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: 04 Jan 2011, 09:22 
Administrators
Administrators

I never found a FOV hack solution I was happy with so I just play it in single screen. A bit defeatist, but I couldn't get a hack to work well for me in the cars etc.

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2011, 06:02 

I dunno. Somehow it's working now.

Anyways.

How does one come up with what FOV to use until it feels "right" or normal?

Do we know the baseline FOV? It would occur at 16:9 in this case, right?

And most would agree that's too narrow an FOV.

But then is it really only arbitrary what to increase the FOV to?

I always alter the FOV based on the baseline to keep it close to the developer's original intention, just adding more horizontal screen space. The default FOV in this game is 70 degrees with a 4:3 aspect ratio, so I use 86 for my 16:9 screen. It would be 80 for 8:5.

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2011, 08:16 

where did you find or learn of the baseline FOV in this case?

PostPosted: 02 Feb 2011, 00:36 

I adjusted the FOV until the screen no longer changed when pressing the button I had bound it to.

PostPosted: 02 Feb 2011, 00:41 

ha. that's certainly one way to do it

thanks

PostPosted: 29 Jun 2012, 07:15 

I apologize for beating the proverbial dead horse here, but is there anything working better for this game yet? Flawless Widescreen has a fix, but I have the retail copy (non-Steam), version 1.41, instead of Steam's 1.4.2.1. Flawless Widescreen says my version is unsupported, and when I try to force it to the Steam version, it crashes my game. :( Not good news, but the game is _almost_ unplayable without some kind of fix (terrible ADS FOV, _awful_ FOV while sprinting, menus don't display correctly). Any ideas?

Post subject: I have been using the
PostPosted: 20 Jul 2012, 02:56 

I have been using the Borderlands Configuration Tool (the links on the OP are dead) for some time now on retail v1.4.1.0, and I wanted to try the Flawless Widescreen and I also found out it was only setup to work with the steam version. I was kinda bummed, really bummed actually. The BLCT works pretty well though.

**Edit**

Blast, I meant to ask if anyone has converted from using the configuration tool (with FOV keybinds) to the Flawless Widescreen and how that process went.

Post subject: Ra'Kaan wrote:I have
PostPosted: 20 Jul 2012, 08:33 
I Donated
I Donated

I have been using the Borderlands Configuration Tool (the links on the OP are dead) for some time now on retail v1.4.1.0, and I wanted to try the Flawless Widescreen and I also found out it was only setup to work with the steam version. I was kinda bummed, really bummed actually. The BLCT works pretty well though.

**Edit**

Blast, I meant to ask if anyone has converted from using the configuration tool (with FOV keybinds) to the Flawless Widescreen and how that process went.

May I ask, how are you getting this to work with Surround? Wouldn't the HUD elements still be zoomed in? (Speaking of main menus and other menus.)

PostPosted: 21 Jul 2012, 10:42 
Administrators
Administrators

Just wanted to post something that may help others.

I was having this frustrating problem where the game is fine when I am standing still, but would suffer terrible stuttering / drop in framerate when I tried to move the mouse. Turning off mouse smoothing and dynamic shadows changed nothing, nor did turning the graphics settings down. I am using a GTX670 OC, I should not have an issue. Thanks to Hayden, I have a solution to help people who may be suffering the same.

Some people may experience a dramatic loss of framerate when moving the mouse in game. This is due to high resolution gaming mice being used on Nvidia systems. Mice of up to 1000DPI have been tested ok, but 2000DPI mice tested all prove to have this stuttering low-framerate problem when using Nvidia GPUs. Even dropping the mouse DPI using software does not seem to work, only mice that can drop the DPI in the hardware will work if stuttering is caused at max DPI.

My Logitech G5 (2000DPI) had baaad stuttering, but using a Logitech LX3 Plus (1000DPI) or a cheap optical mouse with a low DPI made the game run smooth as butter.

AMD users should not experience this problem, it seems to be affecting only Nvidia users. I've added a note in the game DR also.

Hope it helps someone.

Post subject: @Amon Amarth (Great Band
PostPosted: 21 Jul 2012, 21:37 

@Amon Amarth (Great Band BTW)

I use SoftTH with a PLP setup and Borderlands is super fun in superwide!

Yes, Borderlands has some nasty blemishes, but its still completely payable IMO.

Borderlands menus are zoomed, but there is a description for every menu item that shows up on the right side of the menu, so I can navigate just fine. Well, fine enough. =)

The HUD elements are maybe zoomed, I never paid attantion, but they are all onscreen and readable so that's fine.

The gun is larger than it should be, but again, I can live with it. =) The game IS all about guns after all!

The in game blemishes are: sprint and driving FOV are bad, but still playable. I use 130* FOV with the Config tool you can make it work. Flawless widescreen would work better, but I dont have a STEAM copy.

Here is a working config tool download llink.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next