Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 07 Jul 2024, 14:05

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: The Witcher
PostPosted: 08 Jun 2015, 21:30 
Insiders
Insiders

- Dice Poker should work now

MobsterOO7 wrote:
Also if I'm not mistaken it makes the "Remains" message disappear after you defeat a monster in combat.

Can you upload save game where I can see "Remains" message?

Attachments:
Dice Poker.jpg
Dice Poker.jpg [ 1.35 MiB | Viewed 4144 times ]

Last edited by jackfuste on 20 Jul 2015, 08:56, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 09 Jun 2015, 00:53 
I Donated
I Donated

Awesome! Thanks a ton jackfuste. :cheers:

Now if I could just get The Witcher 1 to stop crashing my display drivers, then i could enjoy this game again.

PostPosted: 09 Jun 2015, 05:41 
Insiders
Insiders

Amon Amarth wrote:
Now if I could just get The Witcher 1 to stop crashing my display drivers, then i could enjoy this game again.

Maybe crash is SLI related? Try to play without SLI.

PostPosted: 09 Jun 2015, 07:54 
I Donated
I Donated

jackfuste wrote:
Amon Amarth wrote:

Maybe crash is SLI related? Try to play without SLI.

Figured it out. You have to disable AA in the graphics option. For some reason the game's in-house AA caused display driver crashes.

PostPosted: 09 Jun 2015, 21:18 
Insiders
Insiders

Thanks for fixing Dice Poker, now I can take Zoltan's money in surround with bezel management!
I was mistaken about the "Remains" message. For some reason it doesn't pop up for the man eating plants from the cave in the outskirts of Vizima. I started a new game to check it and it worked just fine.

Amon Amarth wrote:

There is also a common crashing issue if you use the games launcher to play the game instead of making a shortcut directly to witcher.exe.

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2015, 04:06 

I've downloaded the Zip file but what do I do now? where do I need to extract it too. when I run it I just get a series of Error messages.

"Program can't start because binkw32.dll is missing" "Program can't start because mss32.dll is missing" and "Program can't start because CommonLibs.dll is missing"

any help with this? I know it's a old/long running thread.

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2016, 23:08 

For any one playing the enhanced edition from GoG I've found that only the first version of the patch works well with it.
The others have messed up menus and the HUD only has the signs section of the HUD visible magnified and near the centre of the screen, I guess the rest of it is stretched off screen.
Could be a conflict between GoG changes and the centred HUD fix, the HUD is fine in the unpatched version at 21:9.

FMV and cutscenes are working well.
Dice game also works fine.
The quest announcements and notices of entering new areas have some of their text cut off.

Khell3770 wrote:
I've downloaded the Zip file but what do I do now? where do I need to extract it too. when I run it I just get a series of Error messages.

"Program can't start because binkw32.dll is missing" "Program can't start because mss32.dll is missing" and "Program can't start because CommonLibs.dll is missing"

any help with this? I know it's a old/long running thread.

You need to replace the witcher.exe already on your system with the one from the zip.
Make a copy of the old one first so it's easy to go back if needs be.
It's in a folder called system in the games install directory, the dlls it needs are there.