Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 04 Jul 2024, 23:34

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: 02 Sep 2011, 01:53 

Just curious as to why this game gets a gold/A rating with all the vendor specific lockouts and such :)

eg. no 3d for nvidia users, no centred hud for nvidia users, etc...

If nvidia did this people would be all over them...

Post subject: SiriusDragon wrote:Just
PostPosted: 02 Sep 2011, 02:04 
Editors
Editors

Just curious as to why this game gets a gold/A rating

http://widescreengamingforum.com/grade_calc/ ;)

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2011, 03:34 
Founder
Founder

A centered HUD in multi-monitor is not required for a Grade-A. While it's crap implementation, it is not a flaw that would give any game a B grade.

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2011, 01:37 
Insiders
Insiders

Well guys we need an A+ or AA to differentiate games like Far Cry 2 which actually do have perfect support for surround. This Deus Ex situation is pretty silly.

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2011, 17:14 

Ever since we've suffered console ports with their restrictive FOVs I've been realizing that the inability to adjust FOV is a total game breaker for me.
I end up playing Deus Ex at 140 fps on a single monitor because I can't change the FOV while in eyefinity mode. I end up seeing more things on a single monitor than on 3.

Oh and out of subject: developers should start play testing the pc versions with mouse and keyboard instead of an Xbox controller. that way they would realize how unpleasant mouse smoothing and acceleration is.

Post subject: xoroku wrote:I end up
PostPosted: 05 Sep 2011, 21:31 
Insiders
Insiders

I end up playing Deus Ex at 140 fps on a single monitor because I can't change the FOV while in eyefinity mode. I end up seeing more things on a single monitor than on 3.

The game is HOR+ so I'm not sure how you're seeing less in surround..

If it's like BFBC2, you don't need to increase the default FOV to use surround as the game adds to the FOV automatically in 3 screen resolutions.

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2011, 21:41 
Editors
Editors

In fact you should increase FOV when running in multi-monitor, otherwise game will be Hor+ but also Vert-, please refer to the Detailed Report for comparison screenshots of FOV x AR in this game.

Post subject: You can't change FOV in
PostPosted: 07 Sep 2011, 17:41 
Insiders
Insiders

You can't change FOV in EyeFinity mode for example. And the screenshots themselves aren't as revealing as they could be, where's the HUD?

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2011, 19:48 

for 3d vision users: i will release my hd3d to 3d vision wrapper soon once it works properly
for more info check this thread: http://bit.ly/nIdHK0
or check here: http://bit.ly/qT3t3j

PostPosted: 08 Sep 2011, 00:22 
Editors
Editors

You can't change FOV in EyeFinity mode for example. And the screenshots themselves aren't as revealing as they could be, where's the HUD?

Its certainly a bug in some eyefinity setups, the FOV option is in the game menu. The screenshots show a comparison between FOV x AR in the game. HUD should be centralized in eyefinity, but many users reported it to be spanned, just as in Nvidia Surround (the multi-monitor solution i run).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next