Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 01 Jul 2024, 07:22

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted: 03 Jun 2008, 21:13 

This console didn't come with 1 month of gold, but it did come with a headset for some reason, I was under the impression that only the elite did. So for $20 I bought 3 months of Gold.

The HDD also came with 8GB of data already on it so it's time to do some deleting.

I'm very happy with my purchase, the console runs very cool on all sides except for the bottom, so I have it set vertically now so that side can get more air.

Is it possible to download demo's while watching dvd's ?

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2008, 22:03 

This console didn't come with 1 month of gold, but it did come with a headset for some reason, I was under the impression that only the elite did. So for $20 I bought 3 months of Gold.

The HDD also came with 8GB of data already on it so it's time to do some deleting.

I'm very happy with my purchase, the console runs very cool on all sides except for the bottom, so I have it set vertically now so that side can get more air.

Is it possible to download demo's while watching dvd's ?

Yes you should be able to.

The 8GB are needed for emulation of the older xbox games. Not sure for what else.

The free month happens when you start a new profile. If not...any chane it is a used console?

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2008, 22:33 

Run the new profile. Choose silver. It will keep asking you to go gold, and keep saying you want silver. After 3 or four screens it will give you a free month of gold.

Add me: Dems Pyros :D

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2008, 23:59 

Congrats on your new 360 and the game deal, though I really don't think you got lucky to get a Falcon model. The person I spoke to at Best Buy said they've all been Falcon models for quite some time, so it doesn't appear there's a lottery to get them anymore. They stopped making the older versions August of last year.

Good that you got the 2 yr performance plan but I would still be careful how you use it. At the very least go to dashboard when you finish a session or shut it down. Placing it in a spot with good airflow is a must too and if you live in a hot clime with no air conditioning you might want to consider the laptop fan unit I spoke of.

PostPosted: 04 Jun 2008, 00:06 
Editors
Editors

Enjoy your new toy! :D

PostPosted: 04 Jun 2008, 00:38 

Thanks everyone, Add me to your Live friends list - OldWoWGeek

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6