Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 30 Jun 2024, 09:24

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Duke Nukem Forever
PostPosted: 17 Jun 2011, 22:58 

I am having issues with the flawlessws app. it immediately stops working whenever I try to use it. I am running it as admin but that does not help. I am on Win 7 x64. Any help is appreciated.

Yeah, I had the same problem in Win7. Fixed it by running the application in "windows XP compatibility mode". In case you dont know, Right click on the file -> Properties -> Compatibility tab -> check box for "Run this program in compatibility mode" and choose Windows XP :) Might want to run it as administrator too if you're not already.

About the game, I think it's really fun. Aside from the health regeneration and carry-limit for weapons, it felt really oldschool with simple map-designs, simple straight-on AI, crazy interactive environments, loads of easter-eggs, mixed old Duke music, giant bosses, uncensored and raw. Graphics are good enough for a game where it doesnt really matter, and reminds me a lot of Doom3 and FEAR. The game was exactly what I expected and I'm having a lot of fun in it. All help-systems are of course turned off and I chose the hardest difficulty, which made the game at least not easy enough to be noticable, and I have to change weapons all the time because they run out of ammo :P

Honestly I dont understand most of the negative fuzz about the game. What people are complaining about here are things I usually complain about in other modern shooters, like linear gameplay, shitty console graphics, stupid AI, shitty story, etc etc. Only difference this time is that all focus is on the Duke! Not some cheesy lame story or whatever. Duke Nukem and his chicks is here to entertain, and that's what the game is about, noting else. If you dont like it you're either too young or too old ;)

Edit: Oh and I almost forgot, MANY thanks to HaYDeN for his fixes, as usual :bowdown I'm running the app with the recommended settings and it works and looks like a charm. The only "issue" I've encountered so far is some weapons that clips with the view. But oh well, it's a common eyefinity-issue because of the high fov, and I didnt even notice it until I checked the screenshots :P

PostPosted: 19 Jun 2011, 00:06 
Insiders
Insiders

I can't select a resolution higher than 1920x1080. How do you force multi-monitor support?

Start the game, go to Video Options. Set Aspect Ratio to 'Unbounded'. You'll be able to get all of your resolutions.

PS - these forums have an Edit button :)

PostPosted: 19 Jun 2011, 05:52 
Insiders
Insiders

[quote]I am having issues with the flawlessws app. it immediately stops working whenever I try to use it. I am running it as admin but that does not help. I am on Win 7 x64. Any help is appreciated.

Yeah, I had the same problem in Win7. Fixed it by running the application in "windows XP compatibility mode". In case you dont know, Right click on the file -> Properties -> Compatibility tab -> check box for "Run this program in compatibility mode" and choose Windows XP :) Might want to run it as administrator too if you're not already.

About the game, I think it's really fun. Aside from the health regeneration and carry-limit for weapons, it felt really oldschool with simple map-designs, simple straight-on AI, crazy interactive environments, loads of easter-eggs, mixed old Duke music, giant bosses, uncensored and raw. Graphics are good enough for a game where it doesnt really matter, and reminds me a lot of Doom3 and FEAR. The game was exactly what I expected and I'm having a lot of fun in it. All help-systems are of course turned off and I chose the hardest difficulty, which made the game at least not easy enough to be noticable, and I have to change weapons all the time because they run out of ammo :P

Honestly I dont understand most of the negative fuzz about the game. What people are complaining about here are things I usually complain about in other modern shooters, like linear gameplay, shitty console graphics, stupid AI, shitty story, etc etc. Only difference this time is that all focus is on the Duke! Not some cheesy lame story or whatever. Duke Nukem and his chicks is here to entertain, and that's what the game is about, noting else. If you dont like it you're either too young or too old ;)

Edit: Oh and I almost forgot, MANY thanks to HaYDeN for his fixes, as usual :bowdown I'm running the app with the recommended settings and it works and looks like a charm. The only "issue" I've encountered so far is some weapons that clips with the view. But oh well, it's a common eyefinity-issue because of the high fov, and I didnt even notice it until I checked the screenshots :P

Your FOV is actually a little bit high - use the FovBoost thing and put in -10 or so that should clear things up.

Want to keep Flawless Widescreen alive? Donate Here

PostPosted: 19 Jun 2011, 12:19 
Editors
Editors

Your FOV is actually a little bit high

Yes, just a little bit :mrgreen:

PostPosted: 19 Jun 2011, 23:22 

Your FOV is actually a little bit high - use the FovBoost thing and put in -10 or so that should clear things up.

Ah, you're probably right. I usually prefer a slighty higher FOV than usual with fast FPS-games like this, but if it's causing oddities like this I should probably lower it a bit anyway. Will do tomorrow! Thanks :)

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2011, 18:01 
I Donated
I Donated

[quote]I am having issues with the flawlessws app. it immediately stops working whenever I try to use it. I am running it as admin but that does not help. I am on Win 7 x64. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks for the help. The latest version is working great for me.

Zowie EC1-A | Logitech G15 | Razer Nostromo | Windows 10 Pro x64

PostPosted: 11 Jul 2011, 07:09 
Editors
Editors

Got a full playthrough of the game if anybody is interested.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLE28730EF6C9A7B69

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2011, 23:11 

1.01 update for DNF has been released and it adds support for 4 weapons and also adds support for FOV change. Unfortunately maximum is 90 which is not sufficient for 3x1 setup. Would you be HaYDeN so kind and try to fix it?
Thx

Post subject: With the latest Gearbox
PostPosted: 29 Nov 2011, 02:53 

With the latest Gearbox patch, is there no more anyway to go over 90 with the FOV?

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2011, 03:44 
Insiders
Insiders

Ill check it tonight. Didn't see the thread and have not been playing it.

Want to keep Flawless Widescreen alive? Donate Here

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next