Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 03 Jul 2024, 03:42

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 21 Jul 2012, 20:10 

Just bought the steam version because I saw the fix in Flawless widescreen.

I enable the fix after running Flawless as an admin, but the game only runs on my middle screen. No eyefinity.

I tried the Ctrl + Alt + Z, but that didnt enable it either.

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong? Thanks

PostPosted: 10 Sep 2012, 21:13 

So, I'm finally going to buy this game. Which version should I get so that I can play on my Eyefinity rig? Or is there no fix now that the Enhanced Edition is out?

Post subject: Here is a quote for that
PostPosted: 10 Sep 2012, 22:07 
Insiders
Insiders

Here is a quote for that fix:

The Witcher 2 only supports surround for NVIDIA - this fix enables surround support for AMD video cards. Attempting to use this fix on NVIDIA cards may result in flickering.

People may wish to use this to remove the black bars on NVIDIA, however without access to NVIDIA hardware it's difficult to test properly :)

If you experience issues with excessive blurring you may need to disable it.

So no eyefinity support, not even with a fix.

Philips BDM4065UC(3840x2160) Acer Z35(2560x1080@200hz); 980 Ti Hybrid @stock ; 6700K 4.6ghz (1.35v)/D15; 16GB 3200mhz; Asus Maximus Ranger VIII; AX860; 1TB 960 EVO; 750GB 840 EVO; Teufel Concept D 500; Sennheiser HD6XX; Windows 10 (latest build)

PostPosted: 10 Sep 2012, 22:15 

Here is a quote for that fix:

The Witcher 2 only supports surround for NVIDIA - this fix enables surround support for AMD video cards. Attempting to use this fix on NVIDIA cards may result in flickering.

People may wish to use this to remove the black bars on NVIDIA, however without access to NVIDIA hardware it's difficult to test properly :)

If you experience issues with excessive blurring you may need to disable it.

So no eyefinity support, not even with a fix.

Yes, I understand that the game alone doesn't support AMD Eyefinity. However, with Flawless Widescreen or Widescreen Fixer that all changes. I'm wondering which version of the game (GOG or Steam or retail copy) should I buy so that the community based solutions will work.

Widescreen Fixer is touted to work with v3.2 of the game but I don't know which source that applies to and this post (Witcher 2 Forum) is saying that it's not working for him at all.

PostPosted: 10 Sep 2012, 23:00 
Insiders
Insiders

Last I checked ( 2 minutes ago) the plugin was still working perfect with the Steam version of the game. both for nVidia and Eyefinity.
Gog or other versions are not supported anymore... since I only have the Steam version.

Be sure to try and enable the fix more than once for it to work... default is numpad *. Apparently it doesnt work from the 1st try all the time.

Best Regards,
Helifax

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

PostPosted: 10 Sep 2012, 23:06 

there really isn't a need for the Enhanced Edition, unless you want all the extra goodies from the physical version. buying the original and entering the serial key through GOG.com not only grants you a free upgrade to the Enhanced Edition, but also becomes a DRM-free copy that can be shared to multiple computers. in my opinion, since the Enhanced Edition is still like $30-$40, you're better off getting the original for like $20 if you don't care about the lack of Steam achievements and getting a DRM-free conversion instead.

PostPosted: 10 Sep 2012, 23:54 

Last I checked ( 2 minutes ago) the plugin was still working perfect with the Steam version of the game. both for nVidia and Eyefinity.
Gog or other versions are not supported anymore... since I only have the Steam version.

Be sure to try and enable the fix more than once for it to work... default is numpad *. Apparently it doesnt work from the 1st try all the time.

Best Regards,
Helifax

Thanks Helifax, I'll grab the Steam version then. Hopefully they don't keep updating it and breaking your fix. I'm running 3840x800 so hopefully I don't run into too many problems with my non-standard Eyefinity resolution.

Post subject: rdqlus wrote:helifax
PostPosted: 11 Sep 2012, 01:48 
Insiders
Insiders

[quote]Last I checked ( 2 minutes ago) the plugin was still working perfect with the Steam version of the game. both for nVidia and Eyefinity.

Best Regards,
Helifax

Thanks Helifax, I'll grab the Steam version then. Hopefully they don't keep updating it and breaking your fix. I'm running 3840x800 so hopefully I don't run into too many problems with my non-standard Eyefinity resolution.

There is nothing wrong with that resolution;)) it will work;))

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at

PostPosted: 11 Sep 2012, 18:58 
Insiders
Insiders

I did not know that. Was convinced it would only work with surround, oh well, glad to see the author corrected me.

Philips BDM4065UC(3840x2160) Acer Z35(2560x1080@200hz); 980 Ti Hybrid @stock ; 6700K 4.6ghz (1.35v)/D15; 16GB 3200mhz; Asus Maximus Ranger VIII; AX860; 1TB 960 EVO; 750GB 840 EVO; Teufel Concept D 500; Sennheiser HD6XX; Windows 10 (latest build)

Post subject: Wijkert wrote:helifax
PostPosted: 11 Sep 2012, 19:11 
Insiders
Insiders

[quote]Last I checked ( 2 minutes ago) the plugin was still working perfect with the Steam version of the game. both for nVidia and Eyefinity.

I did not know that. Was convinced it would only work with surround, oh well, glad to see the author corrected me.

No harm intended. I rechecked and was still working. I wanted to let people know:)

Best regards
helifax