Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 02 Jul 2024, 16:31

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 237 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24  Next
PostPosted: 08 Nov 2009, 04:04 

What is going on around here?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dF9rukL0ZHE&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vepiJznvvY0&NR=1

I literally strolled across this game today, tripped over it lets say. Beta is nearly out and THERE IS NO ONE BUT ME frothing at the mouth in antipation ON THESE FORUMS!! Come on guys, where's the heads up? I can't do everything by myself. Your losing it. :evil: Either that or I'm the only one who likes Squad Based FPS like BattleField2?

I must say this is unsual. Perhaps there is something fundementally flawed with it hence no one is talking about it? What am I missing out on here?

I did a search on here, couldn't find much.

What's the goss lads?

PostPosted: 08 Nov 2009, 04:43 
Insiders
Insiders

To play Bad Company I brought an XBox, I have other games but it is basically a BC machine. It is an awesome game, even on a console and I am so excited about March! I have ordered it in all three formats, on the PS3 so I am in the BETA as of the 19th, the PC with my PC clan and the Xbox to play with my XBox 'party' ;)

I prefer BC to BF2 now, by a long way, and I reckon BC2 will be better. Even though it is using a stinking controller! The 2 main reasons why I like BC better:

1. Destructible environments are awesome and make a real difference to tactics.. climb up into the top storey of a house above your flag and blow a hole in the wall, ideal little spot to slot any body trying to cap..oh whoops I was spotted and someone killed me by RPGing another hole in the wall... it is just great. When BF2 v1.5 came out I played some more, after a hiatus on L4D and other stuff, and was charging along in a 60 ton M1 tank and hit a single strand of wire BOING.. I bounced back 15 feet! Made me cry and want BC2 even more LOL

2. No jet airwhores. I prefer playing inf and loathe the fact that jets in BF2 are virtually impossible to shoot down from the ground, in my 300 hours I have never managed it. So often you end up with half your team hanging around the jet spawns or just spawn-dying because of the jets. I am sure it is fun for the fliers (I can't fly the bloody things cos they don't respond like the real thing!) but it sucks as inf. At least in BC there are only attack choppers and, while they are hard to down and you can get whored, it is not common and I have downed 5 in one round once.

So to say I am excited about BC2 is an understatement, BF got me back into PC gaming and I haven't looked back.

I really doubt we will get TH res support (with EAs track record and a console port) but as long as we get WS I will be happy. Hers to hoping though...

...BTW maybe even better than no jets is that there is no prone in BC2, suck on that sniper campers, we will spot you a mile off now Mwahahahahaaaaaaaaaa

:wink:

PostPosted: 08 Nov 2009, 04:51 
Insiders
Insiders

Oh, and it will have dedicated servers for ALL three versions

and greater than 9v9 maps! :p

PostPosted: 08 Nov 2009, 06:32 

Dude, at last, there is someone else looking forward to this thing.

Sounds incredible. Destructile environments eh? All of it, or just certain Meshes?
I havn't looked forward to a new release in AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

PostPosted: 08 Nov 2009, 11:58 

Yes I am looking forward to this instead of COD:MW2

Post-debacle...

Anyway... i did play a lot of Battlefield 1942 and 2142 but not Battlefield 2... so this should be good.

PostPosted: 08 Nov 2009, 11:59 
Insiders
Insiders

Well on BC1 there were quite a few bits that could be left standing, however on BF1943 (XBox and PS3 only ATM, soon PC- thism onth?) literally nothing would be left, entire buildings to rubble. The only problem in 43 it is too easy for everything to be destroyed and you can end up with just a barren landscape on a long round.... and bizarrely the steel clothes lockers are the toughest thing on the map apart from bunkers!

BC2 destruction is much more granular, you can shoot off smaller pieces with lesser weapons, almost brick by brick apparently. Hopefully they will also not make the same almost cartoony feel you get from 43 (it is a much less hardcore game anyway) cos everything just breaks, solid brick wall vs jeep, won't even slow you down!

However it totally makes all other non-destruction games feel obsolete.

On another note, unlike BF2 where you can only spawn on Squad Leader, meaning he has to stick back a bit, you can spawn on anyone in your squad you choose in 43, should be the same in BC2.. BC1 (oldest game) just squad spawns you on 'closest squady to action' and it can be a bit crap.

PostPosted: 08 Nov 2009, 12:27 

This sounds like a terrific experience. I can see how anoyying it woudl be to back to BF2 and have a stop sign stop a tank or an APC.

PostPosted: 08 Nov 2009, 14:04 
Editors
Editors

Yeah, this is pretty much taking the place of MW2. A large amount of clans have said they will be going for this instead now.

I have to admit to knowing nothing about it, but it does seem pretty promising. I still don't fully trust DICE though for some reason.

Follow me on twitter: @theg00seberry and find me on Steam

PostPosted: 08 Nov 2009, 17:04 

Yeah, my gaming community was planning to run multiple MW2 servers and even had them preordered...then the news about no dedicated servers and multiplayer being limited to 9v9 dropped.

Now very few are bothering to get MW2 at all and our servers are being allocated to BF:BC2. Sucks that's March is still so far off but the BF:BC2 devs have recognized their opportunity in the wake of IW giving PC gamers the finger over MW2.

Looks like it's going to be a lot of fun! :twisted:

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2009, 12:45 
Editors
Editors

I still don't fully trust DICE though for some reason.

You mean, their attitude in the past, for example? ;) They have a chance to make themselves look good to the ever-growing widescreen/ultrawide community as well as those after dedicated MP servers... let's hope they don't screw it up...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 237 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24  Next