Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 27 Oct 2024, 23:06

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon
PostPosted: 03 May 2013, 00:29 

This post is just for anyone wondering if Eyefinity works for FC3:BD.

Im pretty sure whoever that has played far cry 3 would presume it should work given that it is the same engine and you would be correct. The game works flawlessly and despite being the same engine, it seems to run smoother than far cry 3 on my setup (different use of the engine I suppose). Anyways, maybe this is a useless post but for anyone who was interested in this game and was curious if it'd work on your multi-monitor setup, rest assured that it works great out of the box (Only tested with Eyefinity though keep in mind).

For 14.99, you really cant go wrong if you missed playing far cry 3 and given that it natively supports multi monitor, I find this to be a great steal for any gamer.

PostPosted: 03 May 2013, 03:42 
I Donated
I Donated

Felix09 wrote:
This post is just for anyone wondering if Eyefinity works for FC3:BD.

Im pretty sure whoever that has played far cry 3 would presume it should work given that it is the same engine and you would be correct. The game works flawlessly and despite being the same engine, it seems to run smoother than far cry 3 on my setup (different use of the engine I suppose). Anyways, maybe this is a useless post but for anyone who was interested in this game and was curious if it'd work on your multi-monitor setup, rest assured that it works great out of the box (Only tested with Eyefinity though keep in mind).

For 14.99, you really cant go wrong if you missed playing far cry 3 and given that it natively supports multi monitor, I find this to be a great steal for any gamer.

Now, I'm not sure if this is the same for Blood Dragon, but I remember that the FoV slider was locked for Multi-monitor setups. I could move it around just fine in single monitor, but the moment I switched it to surround, that FoV slider was locked.

I imagine it's the same thing for Blood Dragon? Or did they finally fix that. The initial FoV for Far Cry 3 multi-mon was really bad, and almost unplayable.

PostPosted: 03 May 2013, 09:50 
I Donated
I Donated

I went ahead and took a look at Blood Dragon...looks like the FoV slider is still borked for Multi-monitor. However, I was easily able to get HaYDeN's flawlesswidescreen fix to work for Blood Dragon, so FoV is adjusted through there.

In flawlesswidescreen, go to PluginCache->FWS_Plugins->Modules->Farcry3->Dependencies->Scripts...and open up Farcry3_UI with notepad. Then, search for the text "farcry3_d3d11.exe", and replace it with "fc3_blooddragon.exe" (without the quotes of course). After words...adjust your FoV through flawless and have fun. :onethumb:

PostPosted: 03 May 2013, 17:27 

Hang on I played blood dragon last night and the FOV slider works...just retested to double check and seems good to me, although didn't really check if it changed the FOV :)

EDIT: Yep you can move the FOV slider, does nothing though :)

i7 3770K (Ivy bridge) | Corsair Dominator 32GB | Asus P8Z77-V LE Plus Intel Z77 | Corsair H100i | 2 x Gigabyte ATi Radeon HD 7950 in crossfire | NXZT Phantom case | OCZ 1000W Powersupply | Samsung 840 PRO 256GB | 2x OCZ agility 3 60GB SSDs | 2x 1TB HDDs |

PostPosted: 04 May 2013, 20:57 
Editors
Editors

never tried the FoV slider!

PostPosted: 04 May 2013, 21:29 
I Donated
I Donated

Amon Amarth wrote:
I went ahead and took a look at Blood Dragon...looks like the FoV slider is still borked for Multi-monitor. However, I was easily able to get HaYDeN's flawlesswidescreen fix to work for Blood Dragon, so FoV is adjusted through there.

In flawlesswidescreen, go to PluginCache->FWS_Plugins->Modules->Farcry3->Dependencies->Scripts...and open up Farcry3_UI with notepad. Then, search for the text "farcry3_d3d11.exe", and replace it with "fc3_blooddragon.exe" (without the quotes of course). After words...adjust your FoV through flawless and have fun. :onethumb:

Thx! Works fine! :) :twothumb:

| Logitech G810 - G502 - G240 - G27 - G940 - | TrackIR 5 Pro | Saitek RHINO X55 HOTAS | Xbox One Elite Gpad |
Asus Vulcan Pro | Asus Xonar U7 | Sony STR-DE495P External Surround Home Cinema Reciever |

PostPosted: 04 May 2013, 22:26 
I Donated
I Donated

Yeah, I can't stand a low FoV, and Blood Dragon's was locked at 70 or so on multi-monitor.

Anywho, was anyone able to figure out how to set the default FoV for the hands? They seem a little too far out for my taste.

PostPosted: 08 May 2013, 20:14 

Amon Amarth wrote:

Shouldn't I replace it with 'fc3_blooddragon_d3d11.exe' ?

PostPosted: 09 May 2013, 03:31 
I Donated
I Donated

blackrat wrote:
Amon Amarth wrote:

Shouldn't I replace it with 'fc3_blooddragon_d3d11.exe' ?

Yeah, if you want directx11 to work with flawless. Forgot to mention that.