Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 03 Jul 2024, 11:25

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 767 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64 ... 77  Next
PostPosted: 25 Dec 2015, 17:57 

HaYDeN wrote:
rdunlap wrote:
It is getting my displays and the layout information correct. See my other post for the real issue. NB: there are errors reporting on the status page about failure to write to process memory. 5 different errors. Can i grab a log file and send to you? or is this expected. on the skyrim fix I never see any error messages.
Robert

It may report some errors at startup if it tries to start writing too quickly or your pc is loading it slowly, ie it's on a HDD instead of a SSD, it has to be aggressive because it needs to modify something that Fallout loads within 200ms of it starting, it may begin (attempting) to write to the process before it's fully loaded into memory.

Basically you can ignore it, generally...

rdunlap wrote:
EDIT2: Its the interface safe zone changes that are messing up the text pop in boxes. I added the ini tweaks one at a time to find the issue. The safezone changes absolutely kill the fix on the pop in boxes and the HP/Ammo display. So! If I had did it correct to start with then I would not have had that issue. 8-)
Robert

Yes, the safezone values when the fix is applied are from the extremes of the new HUD width, (ie 1920 instead of 5760) which would effectively push them off screen.

There's still some stuff that's broken such as the markers not lining up, the compass markers in the power armor and the workshop icons.

Your workshop icons are as good as anyones sir. I am developing a HUGE mod for scrapping with a friend and see the workshop stuff all the time. They are actually better perspective wise than the one on the nexus and Light years better than the INI tweaks. I WOULD however suggest that you put a warning *(maybe bolded and in red) on the plugin page in program to warn user to clean out INI before using. I didnt think at first that the INI stuff would matter and just tried to make program work anyway.

Robert

PostPosted: 26 Dec 2015, 07:20 

HaYDeN wrote:
GregR wrote:
HaYDeN wrote:
Here is the current state for Surround:
[edit]
Released

If you wish to try it, I would strongly recommend you return any modified UI flash files back to their defaults, and any INI edits relating to the HUD to default initially.

About 64 lines of new JIT assembly being injected by the patch, which is more than Skyrim required.
[/edit]

Hayden, appreciate your work on it. Hit one issue. Using it while playing with an Xbox controller, the map never gets a cursor. Can zoom in and out but without a cursor you cannot select locations for fast travel, and scrolling the map doesn't work much except for scrolling left.

Surround, 5760x1200, removed .ini changes and had Steam revalidate cache.

Right click the plugin in FWS and goto "Reinstall plugin" and report back.

Do not enable gamepad mode while using the keyboard or it will cause issues, they operate differently.

Who knows if the new change breaks anything else or if anything else is broken, it's not the kind of game I'd play with a gamepad.

:thumbup:

Looks good!

PostPosted: 26 Dec 2015, 08:12 

HaYDeN wrote:
rdunlap wrote:
It is getting my displays and the layout information correct. See my other post for the real issue. NB: there are errors reporting on the status page about failure to write to process memory. 5 different errors. Can i grab a log file and send to you? or is this expected. on the skyrim fix I never see any error messages.
Robert

It may report some errors at startup if it tries to start writing too quickly or your pc is loading it slowly, ie it's on a HDD instead of a SSD, it has to be aggressive because it needs to modify something that Fallout loads within 200ms of it starting, it may begin (attempting) to write to the process before it's fully loaded into memory.

rdunlap wrote:
EDIT2: Its the interface safe zone changes that are messing up the text pop in boxes. I added the ini tweaks one at a time to find the issue. The safezone changes absolutely kill the fix on the pop in boxes and the HP/Ammo display. So! If I had did it correct to start with then I would not have had that issue. 8-)
Robert

Yes, the safezone values when the fix is applied are from the extremes of the new HUD width, (ie 1920 instead of 5760) which would effectively push them off screen.

There's still some stuff that's broken such as the markers not lining up, the compass markers in the power armor and the workshop icons.

For workshop icons I put the previous .ini fix back in and the result is fine enough for me for building and reading notes when using your stuff. Talking about these:

Quote:
Fallout4.ini's [Interface] section:

fInventory3DItemZoomScale=2.6250
fInventory3DItemPosScaleWide=1.7500
fInventory3DItemPosScale=2.1875
fNoteDistance=12.0000
fBookDistance=36.6667
fWorkshopMenuItem3DScale=1.7143
fWorkbenchItemScreenScale=1.7500
fInspectItemScreenScale=1.7500

PostPosted: 26 Dec 2015, 23:57 

GregR wrote:
HaYDeN wrote:
rdunlap wrote:
Robert

rdunlap wrote:
Robert

For workshop icons I put the previous .ini fix back in and the result is fine enough for me for building and reading notes when using your stuff. Talking about these:

Quote:
Fallout4.ini's [Interface] section:

fInventory3DItemZoomScale=2.6250
fInventory3DItemPosScaleWide=1.7500
fInventory3DItemPosScale=2.1875
fNoteDistance=12.0000
fBookDistance=36.6667
fWorkshopMenuItem3DScale=1.7143
fWorkbenchItemScreenScale=1.7500
fInspectItemScreenScale=1.7500

Yes those are useful there are several more that are useful too that I have submitted to HaYDeN to make sure first that they will not mess up any of his COOL Flawless Widescreen plugin fix. They are related to the Power Armor issues. As soon as he messages me that they are good and safe I will share. :D

Robert

PostPosted: 28 Dec 2015, 02:55 

I tried many of these suggestions and all work except I cannot see the SPECIAL menu at the beginning of the game.
I am running triple monitors and having issues displaying text. I have attached an screen shot. Does anyone know the fix for this? http://postimg.org/image/tihffefp3/
My configuration can be found here: http://pastebin.com/XVpWFAw7

Attachments:
text-size.png
text-size.png [ 4.59 MiB | Viewed 2854 times ]

PostPosted: 28 Dec 2015, 03:08 

doneski wrote:
I tried many of these suggestions and all work except I cannot see the SPECIAL menu at the beginning of the game.
I am running triple monitors and having issues displaying text. I have attached an screen shot. Does anyone know the fix for this? http://postimg.org/image/tihffefp3/
My configuration can be found here: http://pastebin.com/XVpWFAw7

Without more information I am going to guess. You have tried to use the ba2 fix Haldi and others put together in this forum. If that is the case then you need to Undo all those changes since HaYDeN Has finished a Beta version of his plugin for Flawless Widescreen Get the program at the link Here http://www.flawlesswidescreen.org/ The plugins download with the program. When you get it just run the program and from the list select Fallout 4 and read the tab that opens and follow the instructions. Basically you will leave the program running and it will do the rest. Make sure you get all the INI settings back to the Vanilla ones as well as get the Vanilla files back correctly in your Data folder. The Ini edits used here earlier were specific to the early workaround fix and will mess up the new fix. Post back up if you have a problem cleaning them out or you have trouble getting set up and myself or someone will be happy to help you get it worked out. I will be around for an hour or two more and will drop back in to check before I quit for the night.

Robert

PostPosted: 28 Dec 2015, 17:55 

I've been getting the same results as Aiken Drum on Win 7 x64 Ultimate Radeon 290

I've been using Win 10 for a while on other machines though, so I'll try upgrading and report back...

Attachments:
F4.jpg
F4.jpg [ 292.05 KiB | Viewed 2755 times ]

PostPosted: 28 Dec 2015, 19:23 

Now works like a charm on Win10 (other than I'm in 16:10 x 3 so the HUD spills into the bezels)

PostPosted: 28 Dec 2015, 20:26 

stoofer wrote:
I've been getting the same results as Aiken Drum on Win 7 x64 Ultimate Radeon 290

I've been using Win 10 for a while on other machines though, so I'll try upgrading and report back...

Same status I am getting, must be a win 7 x64 thing.

PostPosted: 28 Dec 2015, 22:34 

hmmmm
Diamond Can you post up a little about your system and config? Hard to tell at this point. I assume The game is starting fine its not applying the fixes. On another level if you are comfortable in the INI settings I would suggest make a backup of the ini files *(all 3) and delete them. Start the game normally. Let it detect your settings and create its default INI. Close launcher without starting game and go in and add your custom resolution. ONLY your custom resolution, then start Flawless with the Fallout tab open leave it on and start game normally. If its INI related this will set you up to play! If not we will try to think it out.

Robert

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 767 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64 ... 77  Next